Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2014 03:00

My dell laptop Screen wont turn on.

Dell Studio 1558 (i5 2nd Gen, 4GB, 500Gb, 1Gb Graphic) and (out of warranty)

My laptop screen suddenly  shows some small color boxes and goes black but laptop still on.

when I restart, screen shows nothing but Hard disk, CPU fan are running normally.

than I tried this:

1. Power off the computer.
2. Press and hold the "D" key on the keyboard and then press the power button and wait for the computer to start.
I just heard only loud beep sound continuously, but screen remain black.

than I tried this:

1) Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop

and It Worked and laptop start normally.

but after 2-3 minutes, it happen again screen gone black(it shows small color boxes and go black)
than I tried above method once again but this time It's not working.....!

Than I connect the laptop to the external monitor and start, It shows nothing on it. First 10 sec monitor run like working mode(green light) then it goes to offline mode(orange light).

It's like something is resist in laptop to startup.

I don't know what's happening.

Please help.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 14th, 2014 04:00

Unplug, remove battery.  Hold power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules.

Verify that the LED on the AC adapter is ON before you plug in the notebook end.  If not, replace the adapter.

Try powering up on AC only - if it will, but won't with the battery, the battery is bad.

If it still won't power up with a good adapter after a memory reseat, replace the mainboard.

1 Message

January 14th, 2014 05:00

Household hardware, or simply, hardware, is a general term for equipment that can be touched/held by hand such as screws, nuts, washers, keys, locks, hinges, latches, handles, wire,chains, belts, plumbing supplies, electrical supplies, tools, utensils, cutlery and machine parts. Household hardware is typically sold in hardware stores......

No Events found!