Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2015 15:00

Myriad of problems with new computer, how to fix?

Following is request for help that I sent to Dell which was never answered, if they can't provide support, perhaps the community can?

Every once in a while sound was cutting out of my new Alienware 15 laptop (running on Windows 10). Dell said to fix this I had to uninstall "SoundBlaster Recon 3Di" restart and then click the link to get the new driver. I followed the instructions but at the end of the link there was no new driver just a 404 error page.

I tried to use the Dell Product Support page as I have in the past, and when I click "Detect Drivers" it responds with: """Driver detection not available Please try again later or use the Advanced tab to find drivers by Service Tag or see a list of drivers available for your product."""

And when I try to find drivers via my service tag it tells me "There’s no match for that Service Tag or Express Service code. Retype the code or browse for your product by selecting the “View products” option. Allow 48 hours for new devices to register on our site." This is ridiculous because I've had this laptop for over a month now, it is not a "new product." Furthermore, I've used the Product Support page in the past, with this Service Tag and its worked fine every time before.

About a week ago, after being told that support would not be provided to me over email or chat, I was forced to call for Tech Support (using the same Service Tag that the website would not accept) because every time after turning on my computer, my mouse would not be detected or function. The Tech Support person took remote control of my computer downloaded something and told me to restart, the mouse worked so she said the issue was fixed (the problem was not on restart but on turning the computer on then off).

I still have the same problem now, nothing is changed. I told this to Tech Support and they said they would contact me at a given time, they sent several emails confirming a call on that day for that time. I waited TWO HOURS and was never contacted by them then, or since.

Furthermore, the internet on the computer is increasingly erratic, with Killer Network Manager (which constantly crashes) and AlienAdrenaline recording my network usage as 1kbps and under (which I absolutely know to be false at times when I am downloading a file on Steam at 20.1Mbps). I am on an absolutely incredible internet network and yet have massive packet loss and ping regardless of whether I use Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Killer DoubleShot Pro does absolutely nothing to help with this.

No diagnostic on the Dell website is at all helpful, for no reason whatsoever, I'm still not "allowed" to receive chat/email assistance, and through experience I know that the phone assistance is a waste of time. As of right now I am dealing with having to run "Find and fix problems with devices" EVERY TIME I RESTART before I am able to use my mouse (even after contacting support twice for that exact issue and spending over an hour on the phone with them), my audio is completely nonfunctional (as a direct result of following the online troubleshooting directions), and my network connection capabilities are still absolutely terrible. This is all in addition to me having spent upwards of 100 hours attempting to fix these problems and get access to proper support.

I have no access to accurate diagnostics, no possibility of driver updates, no trustworthy troubleshooting, I don't have time to constantly wait for nonexistent phone calls, and the extended "Premium Support" that I paid hundreds of dollars for is thus far, absolutely terrible! I paid several thousands of dollars for this computer, and so far it has performed like absolute garbage. I've heard absolutely awful things about Dell in the past, but I had no idea it extended to the support they provided. If there is even a modicum of actual support to be found at this company, PLEASE fix this.

No Responses!
No Events found!