Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2016 21:00

Neither keyboard nor onscreen keyboard work

Hi everyone,

My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working and I'm not sure why. I have Windows 10 and require a PIN to get into the system, so I tried using the onscreen keyboard to enter it and that doesn't work either. The only key that works is "i," and when I chose "see password" it didn't even show an "i," just an empty space. 

I suspect this has something to do with my cat walking across the keyboard all the time (she has also changed my keyboard to be French style and flipped my screen upside down). 

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened and how I can correct it without being able to get past the login screen?

Thank you!

Dell Studio 1749
OS Windows 10
I'm sorry I don't have more specific specs; I don't know them without checking, and I can't get in my computer.

January 9th, 2016 19:00

Anybody?

The function keys also work.

2 Posts

January 13th, 2016 11:00

The same thing happened to my computer and I have no clue how to fix it, it's super weird that only the I key will work. Can someone please help us with this problem?

2 Posts

January 13th, 2016 11:00

The same thing happened to my computer and I have no clue how to fix it, it's super weird that only the I key will work. Can someone please help us with this problem?

No Events found!