Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 22nd, 2016 13:00

New DELL XPS 13 Don't Buy - broken hinge - warning about repair

Having recently bought pretty much the most expensive XPS 13 you can buy I was pretty disappointed when I dropped in on the carpet (gently) and the hinge broke - stuff happens. It's my primary computer so I just want to get it fixed as quick as possible - money is not really an issue.

After paying $300 for the repair I now find out, after over a week, that it's going to take ANOTHER 7 - 14 working days to fix it.

That's totally unacceptable for me and, despite being a loyal DELL business customer for over 15 years that's the last one I will buy. How DELL think that  3 - 4 week turnaround on a PAID repair for a computer under warranty is acceptable I don't know. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 22nd, 2016 23:00

Hi,

I can understand your frustration and we regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please private message us the system service tag and your email address so that I can check and assist you.

10 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 10:00

Service Request Number:   Service Request Number removed per privacy policy>
Service Tag: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
Dispatch Number:

Rick

Email id removed per privacy policy>

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 26th, 2016 23:00

Hi Rdecoyte,

I see that our Dell repair center have diagnosed that there is Customer Induced Damage for which there was a charge. The repair would take time depending upon the part availability. we regret the inconvenience caused.

10 Posts

April 28th, 2016 13:00

Thanks for your note Ravi but it's TOTALL UNHELPFUL.

When I called to originally get this computer repaired over 2 weeks ago I informed you guys that I had broken the hinge and further I was told that it was a known problem and, of course, not covered by the warranty. That's why I prepaid $300 BEFORE I sent the unit back.

You (DELL) knew what was wrong with it and further I put a note in with the computer and now I am told you don't have the part for a brand new XPS 13. For

I have been both a corporate and personal customer of DELL for more than 15 years and this is simply the worst service I have ever experienced with any computer vendor.

Anyone else reading this who wants a laptop that is critical to their work should think twice before buying a DELL unless you don't need the computer for weeks at a time!.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 29th, 2016 01:00

Hi RDecyte,

Let me check this with the concerned team and get back to you.

10 Posts

May 4th, 2016 04:00

So . . .no news from you and bad news from Dell, who apparently does not have the part???

Delays in the shipment to you (why on earth charge me $300 for repair and not send the computer overnight, delays in holding the repair for payment, despite the fact that I had pre-paid for the repair, and now on hold for parts. This is a brand new current model you guys are advertising the *** out of, and you can’t get a simple part?

Almost a moth without my computer, if it takes much longer it will be out of date! 

Rick

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 5th, 2016 15:00

Hi Rdecoyte,

We have reached out to you on the private message. Please reply us back on it to assist you.

No Events found!