Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2015 03:00

New DELL XPS 17 Power Socket Jack Cable

Hi guys, unfortunately my power connector inside my laptop is broken (in that it came loose making it really difficult to plug the charging cable in) and I was wondering if there is anywhere I could get a replacement (I need the connector and the cable with the connector module attached to it). I can see  some on sale on ebay, but I'm not sure I can trust them, so I was wondering if there is a Dell official part I can buy from some official Dell retailer (preferably online). Any idea

thanks

November 18th, 2015 06:00

Hi, 

Is that a L701 or 702 model??

PM us the tag # to provide you the Dell part#. 

Regards

3 Posts

November 19th, 2015 03:00

Hi, I sent it yesterday, but I found myself that it appears to be a 702

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 19th, 2015 03:00

< >

Parts-people.com is one reliable source.  You can probably also find them on EBay, etc.

3 Posts

November 19th, 2015 05:00

Thanks for the link, but I live in the UK so that website might not be an option. Yes I actually found the part on ebay, but I seem to understand that there are two versions of it, one with the screw hole at the bottom and one almost in the middle. Mine is broken so I can't be really sure where the screw hole exactly sits. Also, I'm not too sure I can trust ebay on this specific item...just a feeling. In any case, I think that's what I'll end up doing anyway

cheers

No Events found!