Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2017 21:00

New Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (7567) Gaming (2017) Performance Issue

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Inspiron 15 7567 gaming laptop from Dell and have encountered a few issues.

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700HQ Kabylake

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 

Memory: 8GB (1x) DDR4

Storage: 1TB Hybrid Drive

The rest can be found here

Problem:

Upon first setup there were issues installing the NVIDIA drivers where the install would fail multiple times - eventually I got the driver to install. Then I had some issues with the graphics card enabling when I would play games so I just changed the setting in the NVIDIA control panel to always use the dedicated GPU. After playing some AAA titles such as GTA V and Arma III, I am experiencing what appears to be throttling. On low or ultra settings, my FPS remains around 45-50 (sometimes a little higher before stutter) on most games which surprised me because the dedicated GPU is a 1050 Ti which has higher specs than what the games need. After playing for maybe an hour, the game starts to frequently stutter, dropping frames for a couple seconds then boosting back and so on. I have monitored the temperature of both the GPU and CPU which reach ~56 degrees Celsius and ~70 degrees Celsius respectively. I have also monitored the usage of the CPU and memory during play, the CPU not reaching full usage and the memory reaching about 90% usage. I have also monitored the GPU performance through GPU-Z and will attach the file below. I have virtually tried everything that I can think of when it comes to troubleshooting: I have monitored everything, lowered the settings in the games to the lowest, researched, and have came up with no solutions.

Game Requirements GTA V:

Minimum: 

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB

Recommended:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB

Game Requirements ARMA III:

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHz / AMD Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT / AMD Radeon HD 5670 / Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
  • DirectX: 10
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20GB free space

Recommended:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 / AMD FX 4300 or better
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series with 2 GB VRAM
  • DirectX: 11
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB free space

Questions:

Would the memory reaching ~90% usage be causing the stuttering? (It could possibly be the game using page files when it runs out, causing a slow in performance?)

How could I tell if the GPU or CPU were throttling and how can I fix it?

Am I configuring the GPU or any other setting incorrectly?

Have any of you experienced this problem?

Could it be faulty hardware?

Thank you all for you help in solving this issue!

1 Attachment

April 5th, 2017 23:00

Bump, can anyone help with this?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 6th, 2017 04:00

What screen do you have (1080p/FHD or 4K)?

April 6th, 2017 08:00

I have the standard 1080p screen

April 7th, 2017 15:00

I should also mention that my friend has a laptop with similar specs and has no issues playing the same game.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 7th, 2017 16:00

What happens if you take the system back to a factory configuration?

April 7th, 2017 23:00

The problem still persists. Maybe I'm configuring the NVIDIA control panel wrong? I've left it as the default settings, should I customize it?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 8th, 2017 05:00

That would depend on the game - different games require different settings.

April 8th, 2017 09:00

I listed the game requirements in the OP, but my friend is able to run the game on ultra with no issues and he has almost identical hardware only from last generation.

1 Message

May 13th, 2017 18:00

Hi, do you get your problem fixed?

1 Message

May 26th, 2017 08:00

Hi All

Solution to driver wont install -  install all windows updates. Also make sure to use the NVIDIA drive from the dell website and not the NVIDIA website as Dell laptop sometimes are not compatible with the latest NVIDIA drives.

The windows update this has something to do with driver signing but i have not read up 100% on this issue, anyways tested it and updated windows will install the driver.

Solution to throttling - Cool everything down. Ive noticed that this is a heat issue. Cool the laptop down AND the powersupply. The hotter thelaptop gets the hotter everything gets. A good coolermaster laptop stand is doing the trick for me and also keeping my AC aff the ground OR on a cool surface like a tile is working out.  

13 Posts

August 21st, 2017 06:00

Hello any Dell 7567 User !  can you give me the software named True color. After reinstalling windows my app gone and dont find it online. Please any one give me link or  sent it to me.

email : 

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2017 19:00

Hi! I got the same and similar problem - laptop severy underperform after wake.

usually, I play world of tanks and PUBG.

World of tanks, when laptop performs as expected, runs at 80-90 fps on high settings ,1080p.

PUBG has around 55-65 fps.

but after wake, WOT runs like 30-40 fps, with some very rare occasional spikes at 70-80.

PUGB - around 40 fps and so on....

did you have it fixed?

November 4th, 2017 10:00

I found a round about way of getting better performance. I added 8gb of more ram and then always make sure that I am shutting down my machine when it’s not in use. I also disabled the internal graphics card completely and just pipe the games onto an external monitor because then it only uses the dedicated. It appears as though it was running the integrated to power the display and dedicated to run the game, effectively destroying performance. Try using an external monitor, I get about 20 more frames whenever I play something. I think the computer just has extremely poor optimization. I really wish dell would fix this problem because selling machines at this price point is kind of rare.

November 14th, 2017 12:00

just disable turboo boost and   everything will be ok   got the same problem and disabling  was the solution

5 Posts

November 28th, 2017 00:00

Disabling turbo boost is not a real solution... We need a real solution for this problem.

No Events found!