This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 4th, 2016 17:00

New Dell XPS 15 9550 Infinity: Screen Issues, Yellow Tint

Hi all,

I ordered the new Dell XPS 15 9550 a little while ago. It's a great machine, but there was an issue with a metallic rattling inside one of the speakers, especially when playing high notes. I got a replacement, the sound is fine, but the screen is different on that one. It's the same type of screen, same manufacturer (LG) but the colours, brightness and white balance are off. It's almost got a very subtle yellowish, muddy tint that is warm. The whites are not white any more and it does not seem as bright. I had them side by side so I could compare and the difference is obvious.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the screen - but it does seem odd, and I got a hunch that Dell have made some adjustments to the BIOS or the default colour profile.

Has anyone ele experienced this, and is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

2 Posts

November 16th, 2016 21:00

Hi,

I know this is few months old but i'd like to up this post because I have the EXACT same issue. XPS 15 got replaced and now I have that yellow-ish screen even before getting to windows.

Any possible explanation and fix ?

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 17th, 2016 05:00

Hi @mfayolle,

Not really - Dell quality control is abysmal, and they don't seem to care. I'd suggest adjusting the colour manually, or just getting used to it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 17th, 2016 05:00

...or getting a refund.

2 Posts

November 17th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. This is kind of funny, they even sent me an email before shippng it saying that they were doing quality control at the factory. I guess no one actually turned it on because the whites are clearly yellow. Now I have 2 laptops, one with a bended keyboard and one with color issues. I guess I will look for a color kit and calibrate the screen...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 18th, 2016 06:00

Yes, they don't actually check any of the returned devices to see what the cause of the reported issue is. I guess it's all about quantity and volumes for them, even though this is a premium device.

No Events found!