Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 29th, 2013 14:00

New E6420. Shutdown Lag.

Just created a new image for our fleet of E6420's.   XP Pro x86.

Installed all the drivers, and our standard apps (Office, LogMeIn, UltraMon, etc).  Not much, because I try to keep these images really light and thin.

However, even with an SSD installed, it sits on the Windows is shutting down screen for way too long.  Something is not closing right.  I've tried with all non MS services disabled as well.  (Diagnostic boot or whatever it's called).  Still the lag.  Usually my PCs whiz right through this step.

It boots up in about 15 seconds though. 

Any drivers issues that are known issues on these?  Dell software issues?  It didn't do this before I installed all the Dell Apps/Drivers.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 29th, 2013 20:00

Hi Sammyc53,

There could be multiple reasons for this problem; please check the following link which shows the troubleshooting steps for windows shutting down issues: http://dell.to/YDh8gQ

Please try the steps provided in the link and reply for any further.

52 Posts

January 31st, 2013 11:00

Did what I could with that info, but none to them addressed my needs.  I appreciate the link.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

February 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi Sammyc53,

Please check this link and follow the steps provided in the link: http://bit.ly/Wr3ett

KIndly reply for any further help.

52 Posts

February 4th, 2013 09:00

Thanks.  We are not using Roaming Profiles, so that won't apply to us.  I did try the steps though, just in case.

Still no luck.

Is there any software out there that will monitor the activity during a shutdown?  I've seen if for startups, just not shutdowns...

3.3K Posts

February 5th, 2013 05:00

Hi Sammyc53,

I am posting on behalf of DELL-Nikhil D .

Run SFC scan on the computer.

I recommend running SFC scanner on the computer.

Follow below steps to run SFC scanner:

• Open the start menu
  • In the search box, type cmd
  • Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.
  • In command prompt  type: sfc /scannow

Also, run diagnostics on the computer. Shut down the computer; hold down the FN and Power button simultaneously to start the diagnostics.

Let the diagnostics complete.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!