Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2011 00:00

New Inspiron 15R - Hard Disk Parition

Hello Friends,

I got my New Inspiron 15R today. It's really amazing and cool Laptop. Glad to be the owner of the Laptop.

I have a query with regards to the laptop partition. I see 500 GB in the C:/ Drive and i do not find any other drives other than C:/

Kindly could you any one let me know as to how to partition by the Drives.

Thanks & Regards,

Uday

3.8K Posts

April 19th, 2011 13:00

Hi Uday,

Welcome to the Community. The below link will answer all your questions in regards to your hard drive partitions.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=52067&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs=

Thank you

Royan

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 22nd, 2011 09:00

Windows 7 works better if you don't partition as you did in windows xp and vista. In fact it will cause you major problems if you change anything. The hidden Recovery partition contains the system image--the only method for reinstalling windows and all your software since you don't receive any recovery disks. Open Backup and Restore to make a system repair disk (boot disk) and save all backups and system images to an external hard drive. Partitioning was for the time before system images. Now Win 7 uses Libraries to organize files. Read about using Libraries in Windows 7 HERE.  Search online for more info.

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2011 09:00

Hey Royan,

Thanks for the link, my question was as to how to make partition on my own. Dell provided 450 GB in a single drive. I want to make my own partition like C: 50, D: 150 E: 150 F: 150 (Total 500 GB)..

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Uday

No Events found!