Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2013 09:00

New XPS 15, 9530 WIFI issues.....

Got our new XPS-15, 9530 Base model last night, and the WFIF will not stay on.

over 2 hours on the phone with Tech Support, and they are sending out a Tech to replace the WIFI card. I'm not even sure it is the WIFI card as he gave up trouble shooting it when he couldn't stay on Remote Access.

the worst of it was the two hours on the phone, it was pure hell, and I told the Techs supervisor about it afterwards.

Anyone else havering WIFI issues with this new model?

I hope this isn't the future of this computer, as a new non functioning computer is not a good start.

This is really pushing me towards an Apple MacBook Pro.

November 1st, 2014 18:00

I've had issues with Blue Screens - Dell sent a new machine.

Now I can't get a wireless signal any further than 10 feet from my router / modem.  My Dell 6500 works fine in my office (30 feet away), but not my XPS 15.  I'm searching for an answer, but have not found any other than perhaps a disconnected antennae. Open to suggestions.

1 Message

November 30th, 2014 19:00

Device Manager > Expand Network Adapters > Right Click Dual Band Wireless AC > Properties > Power Management > Uncheck Allow the computer to shut this device off to save power.

Fixed my wireless and I did the same for my touch screen issue where it would stop responding occasionally, FIY: Human Interface Device > USB Input Device.

December 21st, 2014 09:00

Look in power options and then look in the advanced power options for the WIFI adapter. Make sure the wifi adapter is running at maximum performance when running on battery.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2014 07:00

Any idea on how to apply this to Linux?

Thanks

1 Message

December 28th, 2014 09:00

I've the same issue... I'm very disappointed.

3 Posts

January 28th, 2015 12:00

i got the wireless hardware replaced. Also i got the laptop back to factory settings. NEVER install any dell wireless updates. That is the culprit i think. Since i went back to factory settings it works fine for me.

Though now i get windows blue screen issues once a day or once in 2 days but i guess that is windows and a different problem.

2 Posts

January 28th, 2015 12:00

It is January 28, 2015 and I am having the same problem. I have 2 routers and wifi will not stay connected. Moreover system tray will say I have Internet connection but I really don't. Can't even pair the Wifi. Installed all latest drivers and BIOS updates still same problem.

Did your new network card fix the issue?  Email id removed per privacy policy>

Modris Reinbergs

11 Posts

January 30th, 2015 19:00

disable U-APSD(only available in the 17.0 version of the driver).  This seems to be working.

You can disable this setting by doing the following:

• Load Device Manager
  • Right click the Wi-Fi adapter –> Properties
  • Click on the Advanced tab
  • Set U-APSD to disable.

if this not work download new wifi Adaptor released by Intel for AC-7260 on 26th Jan 2015 following is the link

"https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24656&lang=eng&ProdId=3714"

11 Posts

February 4th, 2015 06:00

Hi All,

I was experience same issue in XPS 15 9530 for Wireless Intel AC 7260 where wifi sometimes disconnect and it work only after restart the laptop, Today I connect with dell representative Amol_Sapre Dell | Technical Support Associate, He told me please check your BIOS version and when i check through run command " msinfo32" It was version AC06, Then he suggedted me to download new BIOS version from Drivers and I downloaded and installed new version and wifi issue gone completely. now there is no issue of wifi disconnect here my snaps. 

2 Posts

February 4th, 2015 07:00

I have the BIOS version A07 release Jan 15, 2015 but when installed it still says Oct 2014. It helped a little but then started to deteriorate. I have also tried reinstalling it. I have unchecked the power saving option for the network card. I installed the Jan 2015 Intel updated network card driver. That helped for a couple of days although I could still not get a 5G connection that works. Then after 2 days the wifi gets dropped again. I have a Motorola Gateway/router 802.11ac and a Cisco 802.11ac plugged in to the Motorola. I have to keep turning off the one that has dropped me and connect with the other till I get a connection that is not limited as to wifi. Still no 5G .

September 24th, 2015 12:00

Still no solutions? I have a new, fresh XPS15 9530 since few days and the problem is still there.

Very often the wifi crashes and I have to reboot. Very frustrating. It is a pity because the computer is beautiful from any other point of view.

Everything is updated, Bios A09, Windows 10, WiFi adapter Broadcom 1560.

Thank for some help.....

September 25th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Please use dell internal adapter, I upgraded OS to windows 10 pro and BIOS A09 there is not a single issue of wifi crash, Please log an Service request with Dell for wifi issue I hope you will get solution soon..

Regards
Shyam 

September 25th, 2015 03:00

Power options - Advanced power options (WIFI adapter). Make sure the wifi adapter is running at maximum performance when running on battery.

September 29th, 2015 12:00

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is reduced in frequency but it is still there.

I found a little workaround: a software called NetSetMan that at least avoid having to reboot.

NetSetMan is a freeware network settings manager which can easily switch between preconfigured profiles.

September 29th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Please use dell internal adapter, I upgraded OS to windows 10 pro and BIOS A09 there is not a single issue of wifi crash, Please log an Service request with Dell for wifi issue I hope you will get solution soon..

Regards
hyam 

Thanks. I dont understand "use dell internal adapter". There is another external?
Honestly I dont trust very much Dell service, I fear having to stay a long period without computer and at the end receive it with no changes (in the best case....)
No Events found!