Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2017 08:00

New XPS 15 9560 memory or ram failure.

Hi. I've just received yesterday my new xps 15 9560 and it ran perfectly during the first boot. However, today I wanted to turn it on and it won't do it. When I press the power button, it lits up for one second and then turns off. Immediately after this, the battery status light blinks amber two times and white four times. According to dell's service manual, this means memory or ram failure. I do not know what to do. Can you help me?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 1st, 2017 16:00

I'd suggest you quickly contact Technical Support in the link below;

Contact Information | Dell US

Please keep in mind:

U.S. Return Policy | Dell

3 Posts

June 1st, 2017 19:00

Thanks for your reply. I've done some troubleshooting myself after being told by the dell support in twitter to open the laptop and check if the RAM were connected properly. After many tests, I realised that one of the 8 gb memories was dead. I am now with the other 8 gb only, but luckily I am writing this on it. I've called dell technical support and they will send a technician with the memory to my direction. I'm relieved that the warranty covers Argentina, 'cause in this country everything tech related leaves much to be desired. Hopefully, I'll be getting my replacement next week.

I'm still confused about what could've happened with the memory and it's sudden death.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 2nd, 2017 08:00

Glad to know Dell Technical Support will replace the memory for you. Thanks for the update.

No Events found!