Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2010 13:00

No Backlight - Dell XPS M1330

Hey I'm having problems with the lid sensor. The lid is open but there is no light on the screen. Sometimes the light comes. I've disassembled my laptop and I would be really happy if someone told me where the sensor is and how can I make it work properly again.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 20th, 2010 14:00

Is the system clearly powered on?  Is there an image on an external monitor?  On most computers now, the switch is built into the system board and activated by a magnet in the lid.  There's no separate switch - if it is what failed, the mainboard needs to be replaced.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2010 17:00

Thank you for your answer but I've found the magnet and it is not onboard it is seperated. But the worst part is I've removed the switch's cable from the motherboard. It was working fine but when I've completed the assembly it stopped working. I now think that some of the cables are causing this problem. Which cable is giving the lcd's backlight. By the way the laptop works fine on an external monitor. Even if you don't use an external monitor you can see the images on the notebooks LCD. The problem is: backlight is missing!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 20th, 2010 17:00

The backlight cable will route from the mainboard to the inverter behind the screen.  Did you plug the cables back into the system board?

No Events found!