Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

November 27th, 2008 08:00

No Battery is detected

Hi,

I have DELL Inspiron 6400/E1505 laptop and it's been one and half year since i bought this laptop so my warranty is already expired. I am experiencing a weird problem with my battery. This morning when i started my laptop (Vista Home Edition) on AC power, the battery icon (battery with plug) was showing a cross and when i hovered over the icon, it says 'No Battery is detected. When i open the battery meter software, the first tab 'battery status' was showing all controls empty and disabled. I thought perhaps my battery is dead, but my laptop is working OK with AC power as well as on battery. Battery light turn green/yellow when it's on AC power but it is RED when i remove the AC power but system keeps working. In battery mode the battery meter icon doesn't change (it normally changes to show a battery without the plug). I am not sure what to do, what has happened? my battery is dead or battery meter software is not behaving?

6 Posts

January 1st, 2011 16:00

There are no system configurations or changes that need to take place when you purchase a new battery or power charger. I suspect it's your motherboard.

1 Message

September 13th, 2011 12:00

Hi! i'd have the same problem, i never reinstall windows, never hit the lap, but the system start's to say: "No battery is detected..." so i'd removed the battery like 20 times, in, out, in, out..... and that's it my battery is working again, so i think the problem is a contect problem in the terminals between the mother board an the battery, but i do't know, thanks

1 Message

December 29th, 2011 06:00

Hi All.

I hope the problems of 'Battery Not Detected' are going on in most of the cases. Im also facing the same problem. But, honestly I wonder why the Dell people don't respond to solve them, Thi is is really veryyy strange and not expected from a well established compnay. Doesn't the Dell have any responsibility affter the warranty is expired. I think Dedll should better wake up and endeavour to do something of the much talked about 'Customer satisfaction'. Best of luck till such time Dell wakes up.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

December 29th, 2011 08:00

Hi Zahid,

I think it's another good compagnie for an iminent bankrupt, myself I'll never buy a DELL product anymore, and a bunch freinds of mine will do so..and I'm pretty sure there are lot of people are experiencing the same situation with Dell

6 Posts

December 29th, 2011 11:00

There
are four people out of millions that have acknowledged this issue here. Don't
be dramatic. If you just bought your system call DELL support - they have the
best support in the industry (sorry but if you think they are bad you are in
for a rude awakening). When I say this I speak from experience my company (a
technology company) has dealt with every major vendor out there…IBM, HP, Apple,
etc.

If you bought the battery as a replacement it is covered by a 1 yr warranty…again
call DELL and they will handle it. There is a reason that only a few voices are
on this post. :)

SIDE
NOTE: Make sure your BIOS is up-to-date. You can download and install it from
http://support.dell.com

Best
of luck!

6 Posts

I hoped you called DELL they have been known to "help" customers out if it was close to the 1yr mark.

6 Posts

FYI there are only a few battery providers for ALL the computer mfgs. DELL does not make their own batteries. It is very common for a battery life to last 1 to 3 years depending on environmental issues.

1 Message

February 18th, 2012 13:00

Hi.  Just wanted to thank you for this post.  I actually was using a non dell computer but tried this and it worked!  Believe me, I've tried everything.  This laptop is an HP and I bought a replacement battery about a year ago from Radio Shack.  When the battery is drained it simply would not power up.  Trying the solution worked.  Thanks so much for saving me money.  I was ready to go out and buy yet another battery and spend another $110 of hard earned dough. 

1 Message

August 6th, 2012 05:00

This reply may be out of date, but I had today the same error message: "no battery detected" , plus the red cross on the battery icon. The laptop would switch off as soon as the battery adaptor cable got disconected!!!.

This puzzle may be solved as following: (Windows7)

Control panel/ Hardware and Sound/ Power Options/ Dell Battery Meter/

Battery Life : tic disable battery charging!!!

1 Message

June 20th, 2013 22:00

I had the same problem as you have mentioned above. My laptop is Dell, Vostro 3400 (Window 7). After going through many forum i suspect that i had problem with the battery (as my battery is dead). I plug in my adapter (AC power) for few minutes and turned off the computer and restarted the PC. It was working fine with X sign on battery vanished. 

1 Message

December 15th, 2013 07:00

I have DELL Inspiro 1521 Laptop my battery battery power signal x no battery is detected on AC power, the battery icon (battery with plug) was showing a cross and when i hovered over the icon, it says 'No Battery is detected. When i open the battery meter software, the first tab 'battery status' was showing all controls empty and disabled. I thought perhaps my battery is dead, but my laptop is working OK with AC power as well as on battery. Battery light turn green/yellow when it's on AC power but it is RED when i remove the AC power but system keeps working. In battery mode the battery meter icon doesn't change,(it normally changes to show a battery without the plug). I am not sure what to do, what has happened? my battery is dead or battery meter software is not behaving

January 1st, 2014 09:00

Me too. I removed the battery cleaned the area and inserted it again. Worked like a charm !!.

I think the problem should be with the contact at terminals.

2 Posts

March 8th, 2014 11:00

Try unistalling "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver(s) , reboot, see it resolves the issue.

With my case this helped... Device Manger-Battteries-Mircrosoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery-Right Click- Uninstall- Computer- Right Click- Scan For Hardware Changes...
That did the job... Keep the good work.

August 19th, 2014 14:00

Mr. Diverseit, or whoever you are, try not to be so <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> rude. You are in customer service whether you like it or not!! My husband is VP of IT Operations and Infrastructure at a Major company, you need to chill out. These are just regular people, like me, who don't know *** about computers. We just buy them and pay your <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> salary!!! Best of luck!

August 19th, 2014 14:00

You are soooo rude!!! I can't even believe you haven't been fired yet. All you IT dudes think your <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> don't stink---let me tell you, it DOES, BIGTIME!!!

No Events found!