Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2010 07:00

No HDMI Output from XPS M1530 to Dell 2407WFP

Hi,

I have an XPS M1530 and a Dell 2407WFP Monitor.  I have Windows 7 x64 installed fully updated through Windows Update.

The Symptoms are as follows:

When i connect the monitor using a HDMI to DVI cable the monitor instantly goes into powersaving mode. I have not used it for a while but it used to work! I checked the nVidia control panel and it was showing the monitor as connected and i could access all of the options, but the monitor was in standby.

so i bought another cable thinking my cable may have been damaged somehow, but when i connected the new more expensive cable it did exactly the same thing, I started thinking my monitor was broken.

I went back to the shop and got an S-VHS cable connected that up and my monitor came on so the monitor works, although it is running at S-VHS quality, which sucks!

So my monitor works, my graphics card works as it is picking up the monitor, also when i connected the S-VHS lead nVidia control panel told me "you can only have 1 external display connected at a time, please select the connection to use" then gave me an option of turning off the S-VHS or the HDMI!

Please can someone help, it is so frustrating, everything works, but the HDMI will not turn my monitor on!

Thanks

February 14th, 2010 02:00

Anyone help with this?

Thanks

February 14th, 2010 15:00

EDIT:

I have just done a dual boot with XP and used the latest drivers and EXACTLY the same thing happens.

Please can someone help?

MG

February 15th, 2010 22:00

Hi

does anyone use this forum?

please help

MG

February 21st, 2010 12:00

Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump

No Events found!