Highlighted
Neilpa70
Copper

Numeric Keypad not working on Windows 10

I have an Inspiron 17R laptop. I upgraded to windows 10. Now the numeric keypad on my laptop is not working. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? How do I fix it?

15 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Numeric Keypad not working on Windows 10

Hi Neilpa70,

Thanks for posting.

Please try this to restore the NUM keys by going to

Control Panel
Ease of Access Center
Set Up Mouse Keys
Other Settings: Use mouse keys when NUM LOCK is: Make sure OFF is selected.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

motherbee
Copper

thank your it really does work

0 Kudos
wemoore
Copper

I am

0 Kudos
dgx
Copper

Thank you so much.

this worked for me too!

0 Kudos
stsmor4
Copper

oh thank u sir

it really worked

can i ask why i am not getting sound in some of the videos while using vlc media player in my laptop. and in some of the videos its working properly.please help resolving this issue.

0 Kudos
dgbraunjr
Copper

Finally a solution to a problem that has caused me to spend more than 27 hours total with tech support trying to resolve this issue after updating/upgrading two computers to Wins#!t 8.1, using a Dell provided pendrive with the OS install on it, and then three upgrades to Wins#!t 10 via the internet, installed via the pendrive./USB stick option. Some were upgrades, and at least two were clean installs. To see such a simple solution puts to question the competence of Dell's Tech Support staff, well meaning, yes, but completely ineffectual in solving this simple issue.

0 Kudos

Thanks man, this finally works!!

0 Kudos
Masud_BAF
Copper

Hi, I'm using Dell Inspiron 1440 with Win 10 64bit. Few days back my numeric numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 7,8, 9, 0) are not working. Its actually not a hardware problem. I have cleaned the keys. I found in some of the blogs that others are also facing the similar problem. Pls advice me for some mitigation measures.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

it really worked, thnk u sir

0 Kudos