Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 13th, 2016 09:00

Original Disks

Hello. I've got an M4500 Laptop i7 Dual core. I bought it from a refurbisher in Austin, and have had problems with its setup since then. I want to wipe it and set it up from scratch again. The problem is, each time I've tried to do this, the drivers I downloaded from Dells website didn't install correctly, causing my computer to crash each time. My question is this: Is there some way I can get the disks that would have originally come in the box with this computer when it was bought new? And if there is, how?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 13th, 2016 10:00

Unfortunately, being that the system was purchased used, the answer is no.  What OS are you installing?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 14th, 2016 06:00

The order of install of drivers matters  .. see here:

< >

Also make sure your install media has Service Pack 1 already on it.

11 Posts

April 14th, 2016 06:00

Windows 7 64bit Professional OS

11 Posts

April 14th, 2016 10:00

What is service pack 1? And just now the computer has forced Windows update, startup repair initialized upon boot. This is 1 week after I sent it back to the company I bought it from to have it set back to the way I'd originally received it

2K Posts

April 15th, 2016 05:00

Hi KENMATHISHD,

If you need the OEM discs, then you could order them online here - http://dell.to/12vcZ27 - this would contain the OS and Drivers disc for your machine. 

Service pack 1 referred in the previous post is the Windows OS version.

If you have issues in installing any drivers or any issues, for faster communication - contact us via Twitter - @dellcarespro 

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!