Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2014 07:00

Passowrds problem.

Hello , I have a problem with my laptop, I tray to contact loco dell, but in this day nowbody work....

When I push On button the system luke in ray and mention is protect by a passowords and bla,bla.

I have a passowrds but is not recongnize.I have this laptop on service to change my video chip...and I dont use one mounts ...two days a go I tary to open and I am so nervos ...is not open and make slow in the my job .Is not so new I understund that but is ridiculos to don''t use it.

I tray to understund and talk with the service IT company ..and they told me is in progres  to fiind a solution.

Sons is finish the year and I need to change my actual job .Please indicate how is possible to solve this issued.

Best wish ! 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 30th, 2014 10:00

The only way is to call Dell with verification of ownership of the system.  If Dell changed the mainboard (which would likely have been required to change the video chip), they would have used your original service tag on the system.  If you had the board changed elsewhere, you'll need to contact the repair shop - if they used a board with a different service tag, it will change the master password you'll need.

4 Posts

December 31st, 2014 00:00

Hello !Thanks for replay ,I am not sure if change here something in my machine, Rebaling ..and afther that told me need to change...here is in fact only if i look inside I understand and if I see something if is change...

I read about the dell ownershihp verifictaion...but I dont now were I must to look in dell web page.

I buy this laptop like SH form a local company...refurbished ..like new few  years a go....is good machine ....but now is un use....I need to work with this machine ...now is a little bit small screen I have a small one with 10 inch...I need a large screen....Tell me how I must to acces a verification system for owner .To prove is not stolen.

Bets wish !

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 31st, 2014 03:00

You will need to contact the seller to have the system transferred into your name with Dell.  Then you can call for a password removal.

4 Posts

January 8th, 2015 05:00

Whet  the fridge start to have passowords ..then you thinking how to improve the qualite of your service product.....and may be you have compassion to other which not posses the paper for /or invoice///maybe have a product which are a gift, maybe  belong to mother which died 2 years a go...a variable of  choice.So stupid ideea to put a password system and to wait ..wait...wait ..... pray to other people to made their  job....for  .....mad world.

No Events found!