Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2010 09:00

Please help.. I cannot to open my lap

Good PM

Please my friends I cannot to open my laptop becuase I forget my last password, I carried my lap to some people who have some experience in IT but they said that I cannot to open it unless I change its motherboard.

Please help me, it is hard to change the motherboard becuase it cost a lot. I need your help please.

my lap model is Studio 1535

WHAT I CAN TO DO?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 10th, 2010 09:00

If you're the registered owner of the system, call Dell - upon proof of ownership, and if you're out of warranty, payment for a support call, they will assist you.

If you can't prove ownership, your IT advisors are correct - you must replace the system board.

June 10th, 2010 10:00

Thank u my dear for your answer But when I purchase my laptop I didnot give them anything related to my ID

I am from the Sultanate of Oman and I have bought this laptop from a retailer

therefore,  I cannot prove my ownership unless you have an alternative solution to prove my ownershiop instead of ID number, such as tags??

My best wishes

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 10th, 2010 10:00

You will need to contact either the seller or Dell, if it has a presence in your country - and register the system with Dell.  Then you can contact Support.

June 10th, 2010 11:00

Thank You very much my dear

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 11th, 2010 07:00

Won't work on any Dell notebook.  The BIOS is stored in a flash EEPROM, which isn't erased when the battery is disconnected.

16 Posts

Go to :  http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

download this and burn to a CD

It has worked for me several times!!

16 Posts

If the BIOS password is lost, Remove the BIOS Battery for 30 Seconds, Replace Battery and reboot.

I have done this on Desktop PCs fo many years but I have never tried it on a Laptop.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Maybe for a lost Windows password, but it'll do nothing for a BIOS password.

16 Posts

Go to :  http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

download this and burn to a CD

It has worked for me several times!!

No Events found!