Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2017 11:00

Poor business practice and customer service

On January 4, 2017, Dell inadvertently posted a deal for WD Blue SSD WDS250G1B0A for $19.99. I placed an online order for three.  Dell immediately sent me a confirmation for my order. Five days later, they sent me an email to inform me my order has been cancelled, without any explanation. I immediately called to ask the reason for my cancellation.  All three Dell customer service reps told me because Dell posted the price in error.  Then I asked them "isn't that your fault and shouldn't you honor it"? The third and final customer service rep told me "it's not a human error. It's a system error that posted the wrong price". Then i replied "did your system randomly pick out the item and arbitrarily priced the item at $19.99"? His reply was "talk to corporate. we are not authorized to change this policy".  Nice!  Class up the Ying Yang.  By the way, just about every customer service rep for Dell is overseas, and i've had a difficult time understanding 70% what they said.

Dell, in case you sincerely want to change your image, perhaps you should learn a thing or two about customer service.  Even a small computer store like Fry's Electronics or a company as big as Newegg know that honoring the price you published is the right thing to do. This episode reminded me why i stopped buying from you (commercial and personal use) since 2006. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 24th, 2017 14:00

Hi,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you had to face. We have received feedback about this and will ensure that the same is not repeated. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other queries. We'll be happy to help.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 25th, 2017 07:00

"isn't that your fault and shouldn't you honor it"?

No. Every Dell sales site has this legally binding statement in the bottom footer,

Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.

No Events found!