Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2016 01:00

Possible GPU issue on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Hi,

I opened my new Inspiron 7559 today, after updating all the drivers including the NVIDIA one, so I installed league of legends, upon playing the first game, I noticed my FPS was around 130 and would cap around there, I found this odd as the laptop I had returned before this was an older model by Dell and it ran the game completely fine at 215 FPS another thing I noticed is the game would freeze randomly, overall it feels like my laptop isn't keeping up even though it has really good specs, what is the possible issue?

Regards.

EDIT: Last night the game completely froze and I had to manually turn off my laptop and back on again.

1 Message

March 13th, 2016 09:00

I have the same problem with my Inspiron 15 7559 playing The Division. Game hangs with fans at full speed and laptop won't turn off even when holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds. How do I manually turn off the laptop? It's still running as i type...

17 Posts

April 26th, 2016 23:00

Hey Benkers! Same thing happened to mine while playing CS:GO, I had to disconnect the battery connector to shut it down manually. Had this happened to your system again after this post? What do you think caused the freeze?

July 28th, 2016 11:00

Two things to try to stop the freezing.

1) update the bios

2) remove ALL dell support software

I did this and haven't frozen for a week

2 Posts

September 11th, 2016 12:00

Im too having this. I am thinking it may be to do with the HDD. Im playing WoW and it happens when it is loading something new, for example you kill a boss or your venture into a new area it does the pause. I would like to try an M.2 SSD drive but dont want to spend the money if it is not going to fix it. :( ... I am already on 1.1.8 BIOS.

January 9th, 2017 05:00

problem still show .. whats the problem .. i brought my laptop on april .. and i leave it cuz i think the updates will solve it .. as i see now .. there is no solution for this problem ..

who i should contact??

January 9th, 2017 07:00

i had the same problem ..

i start the game with 250 fps after around 2-3 minutes it drop to 150 .. and start randomly had fps drops. i do not have overheat problem :) .. my laptop is new ..i brought on April 2016 .. and i had this problem from the first day .. but i though its bios update or drivers update ..

here is what i did :

1 - i did clean installation from windows website.

2 - i installed all the drivers.

3 - i did not install dell support programs. because of sound poping problem. removing the dell supp solve this issue.

4 - BIOS updated v1.2.1.

5 - checking the system from BIOS tests with NO ERROR.

6 - checked the system from dell support before clean installation with NO ERROR.

7 - i installed intel chipest 10.1.1.38 because i notice "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 1910" did not recognized by Intel chipset 10.1.1.7 thats provided in my dell drivers website. u can find it in device managers under system devices. and u can update it in website too.

8 - i tried the last Intel HD in Intel website but with no luck for sure. so i rolled back to dell drivers.

9 - tried to play the game under internal HD graphics card.

10 - i update the firmware driver in device manager .. i got update to system firmware 1.1.5 .. i dont know what this firmware do.

11 - Intel serial IO .. have an update in device manager .. but i prefer dell drivers.

12 - i notice Kernel-Processor-Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power) warning in windows events.

13 - my laptop sets on high performance power.

14 - sometimes happen in normall use but rarely.

15 - i update the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) .. from v14.8.9.1053 to v15.2.0.1020 available On Intel website.

this is all i remember now .. thank you

i hope i can find solution here.

January 13th, 2017 19:00

no one answer ? 

No Events found!