Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 29th, 2016 09:00

Power and numlock indicator

Hi all,

Few days ago I bought a dell inspiron 5559 laptop but the power indicator is not working. Has it any fix or manufacturing defect?

The number lock indicator is also not working while the caps lock indicator is working (backlit keyboard)?

Please give solutions of these problems.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 29th, 2016 12:00

The only power indicator is also the hard drive activity and battery LED on the front edge of the system -- there is no indicator on the power button itself (is it the front left one that's not working, or are you expecting there to be an LED on the button itself?).

Most newer Inspirons don't have an LED num lock indicator - - it's on the screen (in the system tray only).

4 Posts

December 30th, 2016 01:00

Thank you ejn63 for your kind reply.

I was talking about the indicator light in the power button itself as most system have the same. If there is no LED indicator then my question was wrong. One more thing, the num lock indicator is also not appearing in system tray also. How can I fix that? Your reply will highly be appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 30th, 2016 03:00

There is no LED on the power button itself.  As for the num lock indicator, is this the factory installed OS, or did you or someone else install Windows onto it yourself?

4 Posts

December 30th, 2016 06:00

The factory installed system was windows 10 home, but later on I upgraded it to windows 10 pro. Is it the reason behind non indication of num lock in system tray? If so, then what can be the fix for it. Thanking you in advance.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 30th, 2016 07:00

If you did an in-place upgrade (just using the product key), the drivers should have remained.  If you did a clean install, make sure you installed the necessary chipset drivers and then the Dell quickset application (under Applications, here):

www.dell.com/.../advanced

4 Posts

December 30th, 2016 08:00

I did in-place upgrade, so drivers should be there. I also followed steps suggested by you i.e. installed chipset drivers and dell quickset application. But, problem is still existed there and num lock indication not coming in system tray.

Thanking you.

No Events found!