Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

May 7th, 2016 03:00

Powershare on Dell 15z 5523

I have a Dell 15z 5523 that turns off the power to the USB powershare port whenever the laptop sleeps or is turned off. So I can't  keep any of my devices charged through the port. Powershare is turned on in the BIOS. Is there something else I have to do to enable it?

May 7th, 2016 07:00

Update:

Looks like I fixed the powershare charging issue. I took out the keyboard. Under the the bottom left side,  there is a small slide switch. It was in the on position but I switched it on and off a few times. I plugged my phone in and it started charging right away. So there must have been a bad connection in the switch.

May 11th, 2016 03:00

Noticed another powershare issue with this laptop. When I wake up in the morning the phone battery is down to 85%. So obviously at some point the laptop turns off the power but If I replug the phone's USB connector the phone starts charging. It also starts charging if I only turn the laptop back on.

Any fix for this?

EDIT:

Seems strange but with the laptop hibernating, re-plugging the phone end of the USB does nothing. re-plugging the USB at the powershare port end starts the phone charging.

What is the point of a powershare port that doesn't share?

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3.

May 11th, 2016 03:00

Noticed another powershare issue with this laptop. When I wake up in the morning the phone battery is down to 85%. So obviously at some point the laptop turns off the power but If I replug the phone's USB connector the phone starts charging. It also starts charging if I only turn the laptop back on.

Any known fix for this?

No Events found!