Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2015 19:00

Precision M3800 HDMI Output 2560x1440

Just got a Precision M3800 and was hopeful I would be able to plug it into my XPS One 2710 at home and get the One's native resolution of 2560x1440 but am only able to get to 1920x1080. I have updated to the most recent BIOS and Intel display drivers from the Dell website (one suggestion I found elsewhere said this issue was fixed with the latest display drivers) but I still cannot get the higher resolution. Is there a different monitor driver I can install or some other options anyone else with this issue has found that works. I am using a new "high speed" HDMI cable as well if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 3rd, 2015 13:00

Barring the usual problems, a bad HDMI cable, and video driver problems with both the M3800 and the 2710, please make sure that you have the most up to date Intel and Nvidia video drivers for both systems.

The problem here is that you are using two different computers, so we can't tell right off the bat if the problem lies with the XPS One 2710 or the M3800.

It is likely to be easier to find another display for the M3800 to test than to find another video source at 2560 x 1440 to test the 2710 with.  I certainly understand that it may not be possible, but if you do have access to another high res display test it with the M3800 and see if you have the same problem. Please let me know what you find out.

TB

6 Posts

April 3rd, 2015 17:00

Thanks for the reply!

I did try different cables and updated the display drivers to the latest dell versions.

I have a 27" dell monitor at work (about 3 years old, don't know model right off but it was high end when bought) and it does not work either (max 1080p).

Have since found other posts suggesting this just will not work regardless of external monitor due to Intel 4600 hdmi out limitations and/or hdmi not being able to handle it.

Others suggested setting custom resolution in intel driver on the m3800 but that is not an option for the Dell supplied Intel driver. Should I run the latest Intel driver directly from the Intel site? Thanks!

No Events found!