Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2014 02:00

Precision M4800 c/w Docking Station - Monitor Connection Query

Brand New M4800 with docking station - I have ordered two new (large) monitors.

In the meantime I have two old squarish VGA monitors. Because I cannot get these set up right, I need your help.

On a desktop PC, I have good resolution on these old monitors - one connected via VGA-VGA cable plugged into DVI adaptor, the other connected via VGA-DisplayPort.

I tried to copy this on the new laptop - I plug in one monitor using the VGA -VGA to the VGA on the back of the laptop or docking station: result is laptop display plus VGA on terrible resolution that I cannot seem to change!

Second monitor - VGA -VGA lead, but nowhere to plug in, so I got the VGA-DisplayPort adaptor and tried plugging it into the laptop's DisplayPort socket (not on docking station) -  it "sees" it, but then, in display settings software, it crashes.

WHAT I NEED:

(a) Laptop lid closed, two VGA monitors at decent resolution - OR -

(b) 3 monitors: laptop display plus two TGA monitors at decent resolution.

Any suggestions?

1 Message

January 6th, 2015 06:00

Same issue here...  M4800, with docking station and 2 external monitors (Acer B193 & ASUS VW246H.  Both external monitors continuously lag while refreshing different windows.  Very disappointing that Dell doesn't have a solution. 

2 Posts

September 7th, 2015 20:00

I have a docking station which is compatible with m4700 will that work with my m4800?

Note: I'm placing this question here because I'm new to dell community and I'm not able to create new thread.

No Events found!