Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2017 05:00

Precision M7510 - Left side daughterboard

Learned Friends,

I have recently purchased a factory outlet Precision M7510 laptop.

Upon unboxing, I noticed one glaring error...no mini display port or HDMI output.

Question 1:  Are 'factory refurbished' outlet machines sold as seen even with missing components?  I would have thought an external monitor connection was a fundamental item for inclusion!

Question 2: Two types of daughterboard are available either with or without USB-C, how do I know if the motherboard is USB-C compatible?

Thank you for you attention.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2017 08:00

You lost me. I cannot find any documentation that shows that the HDMI and Mini DisplayPort are NOT part of the basic chassis?

Power
RJ-45 (network)
Mini DisplayPort
HDMI
4 x USB 3.0 (USB PowerShare) / 1 x USB Type C Port
Audio (headphone and mic)
E/Port connector

Even the external Owner's Manual "Table 8. Ports and Connectors" shows all of the ports?

2 Posts

August 1st, 2017 09:00

Thank you for coming back.

My thoughts were the same, but I have 4 holes on the left side of the chassis with nothing behind them!

A bit of Googling (other search engines are available) reveals that a daughterboard provides the HDMI, mini display port and optional USB-C.

I/0 board left

Dell reference:

CJT78 - with USB-C  

or

VYD98 -  without USB-C.

I just want to know if  anything on the motherboard dictates if whether or not I can fit the 'hop-up' USB-C daughterboard.

If I've breached any rules with these hotlinks, I apologise.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2017 14:00

Those are valid Dell part numbers for the daughter boards. The motherboards are specific to the operating system and CPU, not the daughter boards. But the larger issue is that the Factory Outlet sent you an incomplete system. If it were me, I would contact Dell Technical Support. Explain what happened. They should setup a system exchange.

No Events found!