Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2016 03:00

Question on Inspiron 5759 battery

it was my belief that a removable battery was (gasp!) removable whereas an intergated battery was not as it was a part of the laptop. however my "Inspiron 5759 17 Touch" which in its product page on your site is listed as having a integrated battery has a battery that i can remove. (note: realized this when i had to switch keyboards)

so my question is... what is the difference between a removable battery and an integrated battery?

and as a follow question... which do i have?

May 29th, 2016 22:00

Hi Cycologist

Thanks for writing to us.

Inspiron 17 has a removable battery. 

Please provide us the link where you read the machine has integrated battery. 

Regards

4 Posts

May 29th, 2016 23:00

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-17-5758-laptop/pd.aspx?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

"40 WHr, 4-Cell Battery (integrated)"

all Inspiron 5000 series 17 laptops are described as having integrated battery. both on on laptop selection page, and also, if you select a laptop it also describes the battery the same way

this is not a problem for me, as i prefer a removable battery, but just led to some confusion when switching keyboards and it told me to remove battery. I'm like "What?!"

No worries, it's all good.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 31st, 2016 18:00

:emotion-2:

Inspiron 17 5759 Service Manual - Page 14

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 31st, 2016 18:00

:emotion-2:

Removing the battery is a safety precaution......

4 Posts

May 31st, 2016 19:00

that's fine and i'll reiterate that I prefer a removeable battery... 

however, screenshots are from the manual... how many people look at a device's manual before purchase? let alone to determine if a seller's description is accurate.

that's the same as advertising a model with 16Gb Ram, but then telling me i should've read the manual which states the max ram is 4Gb

it doesn't change the fact that the models are advertised as having an integrated battery. Do i misinterpret what integrated means or did i read this wrong... 

40 WHr, 4-Cell Battery (integrated)

and as i stated, it''s all 5000 series 17" models, not just mine

June 1st, 2016 19:00

Hi nice to hear from you. Sorry for the confusion. we have taken the feedback and passed on to relevant department .
Have a good one.

No Events found!