Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 26th, 2016 18:00

RAM is detected but Windows won't start on latitude e6510

I upgraded the memory in my laptop and Windows won't start and blue screen always appears and it restarts itself. Suggestions on a fix?

367 Posts

November 6th, 2017 19:00

I upgraded the memory in my laptop and Windows won't start and blue screen always appears and it restarts itself. Suggestions on a fix?

An update on my old thread it turns out the Dell Latitude e6510 does not like DDR3L modules after switching to regular DDR3 it worked fine. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 27th, 2016 04:00

Remove the upgrade memory.  Will the system then start up?

2K Posts

August 27th, 2016 07:00

Hi ELPRO999DELL,

What is the current OS installed on the system? What is the exact bluescreen error code?  Are the memory modules listed as compatible with this machine when purchased? Where have you purchased the memory from?

Do the lock leds display any specific pattern?

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. Also, run an extended / thorough memory test and check for any possible errors.

Download the service manual here - http://dell.to/2bxRK6b and reseat the memory modules and check.

Try each memory module in each slot and check for the faulty memory module or faulty slot.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!