Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2016 11:00

Random Speaker Static, Normal Sound Works

When I turned on my laptop this morning, it started making a long, loud static noise that would randomly pause for a few seconds then start back up again. I tried playing music to see if that was affected and it came out garbled and fuzzy. I updated my audio driver, and for a while the problem seemed entirely fixed.

Now the speakers emit a few seconds of static at random intervals when all sound is off. The loudness of the static is unaffected by changes to speaker volume. Music plays just fine for the most part, but sometimes one speaker will turn off and back on again so the sound kind of jumps. Right now, the laptop has been behaving normally for about ten minutes, but when static events start they kind of occur in groups that won't go away for a while.

My laptop is an Inspiron 11 - 3147, it's less than two years old and it recently updated to Windows 10 without asking me first and has been a little bit glitchy ever since.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 30th, 2016 08:00

it recently updated to Windows 10 without asking me first and has been a little bit glitchy ever since.

Hello. If the update was less than 30 days ago, you can reverse it.

No Events found!