Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 17th, 2011 12:00

Realteck High Definition Audio is not plugged in

Hey,

I have dell XPS L501X laptop, Last day i had downloaded Realteck High Definition Audio driver from dell site and installed it but it is not plugged in properly.

I had checked it from audio device manager in playback option it says it is not plugged in, due to which i can't enable it while in recording option i can enable it and set it as default.

I have also attached the screen shoots of my issue please some body help me to resolve this issue because due to this my system sound is slow.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Faraz

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 19th, 2011 06:00

Thank you for the link to the driver link. I appreciate it.

you can see in the attachment that in recording option it is working fine but in playback option it is un-plugged means we can't set it default for system sound

To me it looks normal. The only thing I see that is unplugged is "Realtek Digital Output", which is as it should be because there is no digital device connected.

I don't think there is a problem with the audio driver. You might select the Speakers and then click "Configure" to check the levels there.

so when i play any video the sound is low while this was not the case before updating video driver.

If you want to try to get back to the previous video driver you can use "rollback driver" in the driver's properties. But to the best of my knowledge the video driver only affects the HDMI audio, when connecting to a TV.

1. Open Device Manger and locate the device for which you want to roll back the driver. The XPS L501X has either Intel or nVidia graphics.
2. Right click on the device's name or icon and click on Properties.
3. In the Properties window for the device, click the Driver tab.
4. On the Driver tab, click the Roll Back Driver button. (If it is disabled then there is not a previous driver to roll back to.) When the laptop is re-started, the old driver will be installed.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 17th, 2011 12:00

Faraz, use System Restore and go back to before you installed the new driver. Type "System Restore" into the Start menu search box, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.

August 17th, 2011 18:00

awesome

August 18th, 2011 08:00

There is no such a restore point which i can choose to proceed restore.

Please somebody help me i am so worry.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 18th, 2011 13:00

Hello. Can you be more specific about what the problem is. Are you trying to connect to a digital amp or speakers or something like that?

Which version of the driver is currently installed?

Whatever you are trying to do, were you able to do it with the previous driver -- the one had before you installed this new one?

August 18th, 2011 22:00

No i am not trying to connect external devices like digital amp or speakers etc i am using just internal speakers of my notebook dell XPS L501X.

Actually someone had updated video driver i don't know what he did with audio driver since that i am facing that problem unfortunately i have not previous driver i have downloaded the appreciated driver from dell site. you can see in the attachment that in recording option it is working fine but in playback option it is un-plugged means we can't set it default for system sound so when i play any video the sound is low while this was not the case before updating video driver.

August 18th, 2011 22:00

here is the driver link which i downloaded and installed.

support.dell.com/.../driverslist.aspx

August 20th, 2011 09:00

Hey Jimco,

Thank you very much for your great explanation. You are right i open Realteck HD Audio Manager from control panel and then change Maxaudio preset option to voice instead of music and the problem solved.

Thanks again.

No Events found!