Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2013 08:00

Recovery

I purchased Dell Inspiron 15r 5520 laptop in the month of october. First time my system crashed I restored the computer to factory settings.

Second time I had some issues with bluetooth, contacted dell support after trying all possible steps they informed that we need to restore the computer to factory settings. I did not want to restore the computer to factory settings as I had lots of software, data and windows was upto date, if I would have restored the computer then I had to take backup and restore that data perform windows update again, to avoid that I used windows 7 reinstallation DVD shipped with laptop.

I repaired the computer using the reinstallation DVD and all issues were fixed.

I did not that if we use windows 7 reinstallation DVD, that factory image will be lost. AS soon as laptop was purchased  I created a set of recovery discs using dell data safe (Have 3 recovery discs). Now yesterday while windows update was in progress suddenly laptop shutdown, ever since that unable to boot the comuter.

Please let me know whether using the recovery discs which I created (3 discs), Can I restore the computer to factory settings. OR Are those recovery disc waste now? 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 25th, 2013 08:00

Those discs can indeed recover the system to as-shipped.  put the first disc in the drive and press F12 at powerup -boot from it and follow through the prompts.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 25th, 2013 09:00

F12 will bring up the boot menu.  F2 takes you to BIOS setup.

24 Posts

Okay, I'm really sorry. When I insert the Recovery disc 1, reboot the computer keep pressing F12 and then please let me whether I have to select CD/DVD drive to enter the setup?

24 Posts

Hey when I press F12 it takes to BIOS setup option where I can make changes in the BIOS. Am I doing something wrong or there is any other alternative?

24 Posts

Thanks for the quick response.I will have a check.

24 Posts

April 25th, 2013 13:00

Thanks for your help . I successfully restored the computer to factory settings

No Events found!