Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2013 16:00

Reinstalling Cyberlink Media Essentials

Hello

Due to some reasons my Cyberlink software that came preinstalled on my dell inspiron 3521 got uninstalled. Now I want to reinstall it by everytime I try to register my lapton with My Dell Downloads it gives error that service tag is not supported. How can I reinstall my software now?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 16th, 2013 16:00

Hello Srajani,

Sorry about the situation. Regarding My Dell Downloads, there are few steps that can be tried:

1. Ensure you have entered Service tag correctly. Ex: Entering 0 instead of O and B instead of 8.
2. The link for My dell downloads would only work on Internet Explorer. If you are using IE, try resetting the browser:

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer. Please try the steps and check if that works. For more details, you may also refer to this video: http://dell.to/18Y7t42

In case these steps don’t help, you can also download and install the Cyber-link Software from Dell Digital Delivery. For more details, see How do I use Dell Digital Delivery?

Hope this helps!

3 Posts

October 17th, 2013 01:00

Thank you for your prompt reply, but the My Dell link does not allows me to type my service tag manually as it automatically detects it from analyzing my system so entering the service tag incorrectly is out of the question. When the website detects the tag it displays the error "Service Tag is not supported.".I have just recently bought my laptop any idea why I might be getting this error? Also I tried the dell digital delivery tool but the utility only display a message that your software purchases are up to date does not display any list or any mention of the cyberlink media essentials suite that came preinstalled with my laptop 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 17th, 2013 18:00

Hello Srajani,

In order to assist you further, please help me understand if you are using Internet Explorer. My Dell Downloads works only on Internet Explorer. In case you are already using IE, please let me know if you have tried the steps mentioned in my previous post. If not, please try the steps and write back with results. 

3 Posts

October 18th, 2013 00:00

Yes Im using Internet Explorer 10 on my win 8 inspiron 15 laptop and I also followed all of the instructions that you mentioned

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 18th, 2013 17:00

Hello Srajani,

I’d request you to private message the following details listed below:

• System Service Tag.

Customer’s Contact Information:
  • Name (First, Last)
  • E-mail address
  • Country
  • Language
  • System type
  • Operating System
  • Browser Used & Version

• Detailed Description of the Issue (screenshots if available).

To send me a Private Message, click my DELL-username and then click "Send a Private Message".

1 Message

August 16th, 2016 10:00

I have the same issue and just sent you a PM

No Events found!