Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 20th, 2014 04:00

Restoring Dell inspiron 15R to Factory setting

Hi,

I don`t have administrative Access, and I didn`t make rescue disk.

How can I get my laptop just as it came from the Factory?.

I tried some solutions but F8 is not a solutions, my laptop don´t have this option, It has F12, but no recovery option appear.

thanks

10 Posts

September 25th, 2014 09:00

Are you able to access your computer's sign-in page??
if Yes! (here's the steps)

1)  You should be on the log-in/sign-in page of your computer.
2)  Press & Hold "SHIFT KEY" then click "Restart".  wait for a while...
3) You'll be directed to a screen that has different options, choose "Troubleshooting".
4) Now choose "RESET". on the next windows you'll see 2 options, choose "Fully Clean The Drive".
5) the Reset process will take a while...
6) the RESET process will stop at 98% or 99% and it will ask to insert a Recovery Media Disk.
Ignore it! yes! ignore it and just turn your computer off and turn it back on...

7) go back to this page, and leave a comment..

Cheers!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 20th, 2014 10:00

Without admin access you won't be able to restore to factory settings via the recovery partition and will need to clean install.

Did the system come with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1?

2 Posts

September 20th, 2014 18:00

Hi,

The system came with Windows 8

thanks

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 21st, 2014 09:00

As Microsoft deliberately made Windows 8 OEM non-downloadable and assuming you never made the recovery media and as you reside in Spain, you will need to contact Dell Spain Technical Support to get a Reinstallation DVD or Recovery USB.

This is a common issue, see here for more details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/request-a-reinstallation-dvd-from-dell/

1 Message

July 6th, 2017 02:00

This one really works! Thank you so much! I've been searching for a method for a long time now!

No Events found!