Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2017 00:00

Right hinge break

I did not realize this was an ongoing issue with this model, until I went to find replacement parts because like so many others, this is out of warranty. I wonder what my a recall was never done for this obvious known issue.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 6th, 2017 06:00

A recall was not justified per the warranty guidelines.
* Go back to the very top of this Laptop General Hardware board
* Open the top announcement, Dell Laptop Hinge Policy

2 Posts

November 6th, 2017 08:00

I saw the policy on the hinge not being a covered problem.  But one would think a company with such a great reputation like Dell would honor its name and provide a recall/repair for an ongoing problem with one of its products.  Another problem I see with the hinge problem is when customers repair it themselves (either personally or through a reputable company), I am sure it voids any other warranty due to having to "open" the shell in order to replace the broken pieces.  Finding this problem with so many customers and Dell not taking any liability in the problem leads me to move my business to another quality company.  I will let my friends and family know about Dell's stand on repairing a recurrent problem on multiple devices-ensuring they know Dell is not willing to work with their customers.  

No Events found!