Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2017 22:00

STOP CODE: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

Hi i am getting this error upon start since yesterday. Basically i am unable to boot further DELL LOGO. Getting the message "YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. WE'LL RESTART FOR YOU" The same comes upon every restart and getting stop code: Inaccessible Boot Device.

Currently using DELL INSPIRON 3647. Kindly help

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 25th, 2017 07:00

Run the Diagnostic tool on system by following steps below:

1. Power off system and then disconnect all peripherals - Printer, external drive, flash drive, etc....)

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In the boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on Hard Drive and then click 'Thorough Test Mode'. Report back any error code.  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please click on the link below, hopefully it will be a help to you.

Windows 10 crashes to a blue screen

EDIT:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If you haven't created a recovery drive,try to get the windows recovery image to pop up on system. You can then click on Advanced Options, Troubleshoot, and then enter chkdsk /f/r in the command prompt.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you quickly backup all your important stuff to either a external drive, flash drive or some type of paid backup software such as Acronis.

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

To get that Recovery image to show up:

Power on system, wait about 5 minutes and then power off system using the hard reset / power button. Keep turning the computer on and off until you see your computer booting into the automatic repair screen. It should only take a few reboots.  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

Had you done any updates before this happened?

Some systems have had problems after Bios Updates..

3 Posts

November 11th, 2017 07:00

Please help! I am having the same problem with the crash screens. I have no idea what's happening. All I have installed is steam, but no games. I'll just be browsing the internet and it will give me the blue screen. It's happened maybe 10 times. I ran the diagnostics and then also the hard drive diagnostics and no errors popped up. Any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 11th, 2017 09:00

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

If you don't know, type msinfo32 onto the search box and then stroll down to System Model. You should see the exact Dell model number.

In the meantime, the stop code blue screen started occurring recently? The blue screen happen before installing Stream? You tried a different browser to see if the blue screen still occurred? Or what is the browser you are using ? Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge?

No Events found!