Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2014 00:00

Screen Black Out just after turn ON !!

Screen Black Out just after turn ON !!

Hello Everyone , I am Saurabh , I am having a serious problem with my laptop Inspiron 3521.

when i turn ON , it will show black and the running starts and suddenly stop... and in few seconds, the screen will be black and i have to press again the power button!!

I have already troubleshot it and by troubleshot it deletes all the updates even my win 8.1 and again start with win 8 .

suggest me some solution , Thanks :)

December 10th, 2014 11:00

Since the system is so very slow to boot, it *may* indicate some other type of issue that will only be possible to resolve by a Technical Support person trained to handle this specific model.  The laptop may have some internal issue that is not software-dependent, but hardware-dependent, and most likely would be covered under warranty.  Manufacturer warranties typically do not cover software issues outside of the extraordinary measures outlined below.

Here is a step by step guide on, "How to use System Restore on Windows 8.1 on your Dell PC":

http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/04/SLN291833/EN/

(I have quoted the article title EXACTLY as it appears in case you need to search for it.)

In my experience this article appears to be well worded and should only be a moderate challenge to follow.  Please read the entire document BEFORE beginning because there are two phrases near the bottom that are VERY important!  "System Refresh" versus "System Restore" and the Refresh version indicates any personal files you have on the computer will be kept.

If the system is unresponsive when attempting to start it using the described method ( [Shift] key held, plus [F8] key pressed repeatedly ), then this may indicate a type of issue that again may only be resolved by the manufacturer (i.e. a corrupted/damaged Restore partition).

December 9th, 2014 12:00

I did a Windows Update from 8 to 8.1 on my father's laptop and during this process or immediately after it completed (progressed past a certain point), he and I ended up staring at an ALL BLACK or ALL BLUE screen.

I pressed the [Esc] key and one of those 'round circle with the Back arrow in it' logos popped up on the screen; and we were able to click on it.  I have no idea what "Step" the update was stuck on, but there was DEFINITELY no indication of the need for input by the User!  I just guessed that something needed to be done, and in this case my guess was correct.

NOTE:  I am only sharing this observation on the chance that it may help.  The presence of an all black screen could mean many different things.

December 9th, 2014 23:00

Thank you for your reply but when i turn on my laptop the white dots started moving round and in few  seconds they all stop and what ... the screen will all black out and shut down !!

then again i have to press the power button to open it.and some time it takes too much time to open around 10-15 mins then i have only one option left  to do, is that  to remove its battery and again turn on the laptop.

suggets some solution !!

Thanks. 

No Events found!