Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 13th, 2015 11:00

Single finger edge scrolling on Latitude E7240 with Windows 8.1 Pro?

I have a Latitude 12 E7240 (I assume the touchpad is the same on all versions) and I would prefer to have the older style single finger edge scrolling style rather than two finger scrolling.  I've seen under Windows 7 that the 109 version of the drive shows an extra section at the bottom of the touchpad settings which allows edge scrolling however I've tried that version and the other two available on the Dell site for this laptop but I don't get that section.

Are there any other drivers I can load that would get the edge scrolling option?  I don't mind losing any multitouch features of the touchpad.

Thanks,

John

19 Posts

September 22nd, 2016 14:00

See if you have this file. This executable allows you to enable single finger edge scrolling, but, as I just found out, it goes away and needs to be reapplied after a windows update. Store it somewhere where you will find it next time! ;)

1) Go into c:\program files\DellTPad\

2) In this dir I have

a)  DellTouchpad.exe: this is the app called from control panel whose picture you posted.

b)  DellTPad.exe alternate utility to set touchpad setting. When launching this I have this option (translating into english) "one finger actions/multi-finger actions", and then it allows you to set single finger vertical/horizontal scrolling.

No Events found!