I have an Issue with my Dell Latitude e6420 Laptop.
I have 8GB of RAM and 250GB of HDD (Seagate). My Problem is When i Close my Lid and Reopen it my laptop freezes. Even i have changed a lot of windows, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and also windows 10 but unfortunately all in vain. I just want to resolve this issue my BIOS is A24.
Please Suggest me Possible Solution. I have tried every tutorial on my Laptop but nothing happens.
Another Question is My Laptop has Fingerprint Sensor and I don't know how to use. I have installed Dell Control Valuate Driver also but how can i configure fingerprint logon in My Laptop using Windows 8 Pro x64 bit
Ali Abdullah Khan
When you install the operating system on the system there is an order for installing the drivers for the hardware to work properly. Also, there are no Windows 10 drivers for this system available from Dell. To get the fingerprint reader to work you must install the ControlVault and UPEK driver.
Try the settings below to resolve the issue.
1. Click starts > settings > system
2. Left side menu click > Power and Sleep.
3. Scroll down click > Additional Power Settings.
4. Left menu. For each of these Click > 'Choose what the power buttons do' and Click > 'Choose what closing the lid does'. Make these changes [battery and plugged in]:
When I press the power button ~ Hibernate.
When I press the sleep button ~ Turn Off the Display.
When I close the Lid ~ Sleep.
Now return to 3 above > Additional Power Settings and continue:
5. Look for 'Plan shown on the battery metre' and a highlighted circle. Yours could be 'Automatic balances or balances[recommended]. If your computer is highlighted [example DELL]
use that option.
6. Adjacent your choice click 'Change Plan Setting'
7 On next screen click 'Change advanced power settings'
8. A new menu appears. Move down and click > Power Button & Lid
9. Go down the menu and make these changes [battery and plugged in];
Lid close .... change to 'Sleep' for both options.
Power Button ... change to 'Hibernate' for both options
Sleep Button ... change to 'Turn Off the display'.
Dont forget to OK before closing the process.