Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2017 02:00

SmartCard Reader

Hi,

in our company we have laptops Dell Latitude E5570, OS Windows 10.

Many users report that they have problem with smart card reader - problem is that thay can't sign in with smart card because Windows doesn't recognise SmartCard. 

Hardware ID: USB\VID_0A5CPID_5832&REV_0101&MI_01

Problem is that device suddenly is not installed anymore. After restart everything works normally. We wanted to install newer driver for that model so we downlaoded and installed latest driver from Dell site - Dell ControlVault2 Driver and Firmware.

We noticed that offical driver for this model install old driver from 2006 - Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard Reader (WUDF) and we think this could be cousing the problem.

Do you have any expirience with such a problem? Can you give me link for newer driver? Maybe original Broadcom driver, not Microsoft..

Hardware ID: USB\VID_0A5CPID_5832&REV_0101&MI_01

Thanks in advance!

Marko

July 24th, 2017 18:00

Hi,

I to have the same problem. I have a Dell E6530 and have two Windows OSs running; Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Using Dell's Dell Data Protect Security Tools (DDP | ST), the SmartCard works perfectly to login into Windows 8.1 but not on Windows 10.  I have used both the Windows Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard reader driver and the Broadcom Usbccid Smartcard reader driver. In Device Manager they are working properly. When configuring Dells DDP | ST in Windows 10 the card reader is not recognized.

At one stage the SmardCard did worked 2 or 3 times on Windows 10 and without any changes made. In DDP |ST.

Thanks in advance.

John

November 29th, 2017 01:00

Sam problem here with the lat 7270,7470 internal smart card reader stops working for no reason. Often with the error text saying Smart Card error. Sometimes a reboot fixes the problem but most of the time you have to reinstall the driver via Device Manager.

No Events found!