Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 19th, 2017 04:00

Solutions to dealing with hardware problems on my Dell Inspiron N5010.

I have an old Dell Inspiron N5010 with 

• 4 GB RAM

• Intel core i5

• ATI Raedon HD 5470 graphics card (1 GB)

It is about 4-5 years old, so warranty is definitely void. 
I have been running into some pertinent issues lately. Specifically,

1. Sometimes the screen does not start up when I power the laptop on-not even the DELL booting screen shows (basically the display ain't on)

2. The computer is persistently getting hot even during light use-like right now while web browsing

3. The computer suddenly switches off at times (happened about 3 times in the last month so far)

4. Its display corrupts when I run a disk defrag. Previously, there was that one time when the screen corrupted right from the boot screen and the next day, this problem just disappeared. The sceen had blue lines and corrupted blue pixels. It happened a couple of times even later but then I ignore it. I thought I should mention it here.

There are no problems on the software side because I have reinstalled the operating system several times- to no avail.

removed>

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 20th, 2017 03:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us !

This is most definitely an issue with the main system board (  motherboard ). Since the system is out of warranty we would suggest you to contact the out of warranty dept with Dell for further support.

Kindly Private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 23rd, 2017 04:00

I'm new in this forum,
can someone of you share me to get high traffic with natural way?
You can check

The link is a TOS violation. I recommend that this person be banned from the Forum if keeps spamming.

No Events found!