Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2015 16:00

Something wrong with true color Program

hello,

I just bought Inspiron 17 (5748) but after I setup it and login in to window a message error appeared  say

"True Color failed to apply the requested settings. Please try again. if the error continues, please re-install the application.

please advise .

thanks.

1 Message

January 4th, 2015 13:00

I have the exact same Inspiron which I just bought for Christmas and it happens to me as well.  

TrueColor is in the program list::   Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

I've selected it and choose to change/repair it.  It requires a reboot and I'll do that later... I hope the message goes away because it's annoying.

5 Posts

January 4th, 2015 14:00

Got an inspiron on black friday & get the same message, tried the repair/restart but get the same message. went to dell trucolor download & extracted the update but get same message, I Guess I will try to uninstall &  reinstall the truecolor program to see if that works ?

5 Posts

January 4th, 2015 15:00

Googled Dell TrueColor & found the TrueColor Download on Dell.com & Seems the only solution to the message error is to uninstall & reinstall the TrueColor Program ! I am not getting the message error anymore after the uninstall & reinstall program restart . 

5 Posts

January 4th, 2015 15:00

Had same problem since black friday when I got my inspiron. The only solution is to uninstall TrueColor Then Reinstall TrueColor/ Restart . No more message error. I googled Dell TrueColor & found the free download on Dell.com

1 Message

January 4th, 2015 18:00

We bought the same machine; received 2 days ago with the same problem.  Talked with Dell Support.  After trying a few fixes, which did not work, they uninstalled it.  They said it wasn't really needed, so we decided not to reinstall.  It appears to work fine without it.       Other computer issues:  1)  whiten and fuzzy text and screens/windows (fixed by D.S. by a recommended driver update);  2) Charms Bar that kept opening at strange times (even when cursor was in middle of page); fixed by a registry addition by DS which totally disabled the Bar, at our request; 3)  iTunes which, when closing, would give the message that another program was using its script (this was fixed by following a suggestion on another thread to uninstall the BlueTooth program.  I did this and it appears to have taken care of the problem.

January 5th, 2015 18:00

Disabling something is not fixing it :(  That's more like giving up. The actual fix to the true color program was released today becae of forums like this. don't turn things off and disable them. ask for help and wait for updates.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

January 5th, 2015 18:00

u[date and restart. fixed my issue

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

1 Message

March 16th, 2015 16:00

I still can't fix it.  Every time I try to uninstall or do anything it just says restart is required.  I restart and it gives me the same error.  Good idea to the person who suggested turning it off because I don't know what to do.  It won't let me do literally anything.  I can't believe this dumb thing took over my computer.  I'm not happy about this.  My computer is brand new (4 months old). 

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 17:00

dear artimusprime,

i am receiving this true color error upon startup. I installed your fix and restarted my laptop but still receive the same error.  what would you suggest at this point?

thanks,
doug

August 12th, 2015 04:00

I Googled the true color program an found an update, it fixed it for a day. I then called dell and requested a free copy of the recovery disks for safe keeping. Uninstalling true color was the final fix. It is just extra enhancing software that to be honest I couldn't tell the difference. It was very little impact.

5 Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

I just did the free windows 10 upgrade they sent me which fixed the true color issues not getting any of these errors anymore so far & suggest that you do the free upgrade to the windows 10 it is  working great. It will take some time to do this upgrade & update but totally worth it.

August 12th, 2015 19:00

Uninstalling buggy software is not giving up, its logical. When I asked dell technical support about true colo, the representative responded by saying it wasn't a dell product. Even though the software and upgrades can be found via dell support websites. There is no use for true color, its useless. I am tech agent for att wireless and I don't support disabling or deleting built in software. However if it buggy, and dell agents themselves are not backing it I would uninstall and go one with life. If you really want to fix it I suggest you google true color update and try that. Next step is just backup your computer and reset the bad boy. No need playing cat and mouse hunting for the issue. Also never buy dell again :/ go with HP like I always have. This thing was a Xmas present so i can't complain. After the windows 10 upgrade I have had no issues with true color or anything else for that matter and am extremely happy

1 Message

October 4th, 2015 16:00

Hi.. I have the same problem, even after upgrading my OS to Windows 10. Can you please let me know, did you install anything else after Windows 10 upgrade?

10 Posts

November 27th, 2016 08:00

Can you please give me the LINK to Download the TRUE COLOR app.

10 Posts

December 27th, 2016 02:00

Can you please INBOX me the .exe file of TRUE COLOR

No Events found!