Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2009 12:00

Studio 15 numpad area not working properly

Hi,

Even after a replacement keyboard I still have this issue. Note that I have danish keyboard layout, so it might only be related to that.

Technical supports say it is probably a bios issue, and that I should wait for a update.

Just want to hear if any of you can reproduce this, or maybe dell will here answer if they know about this, and when to expect a fix?

The issue is found in any OS, and even in bios itself. - Using Dell Studio 15 (1537)

Steps:

Make sure you have BIOS A09 (don't know if the issue is in all bios versions)

Open any text editor

Press Fn+J (num 1), now the letter "j" appears instead of the number 1

Press Fn+K (num 2), now the number 2 appears.

Without releasing Fn, now press Fn+J again (num 1), now the number 1 will appear.

Everytime Fn is released, the 0,1 and 4 does not work until pressing other keys while Fn is hold down.

Can anyone confirm? Maybe not?

Anyway, tell me if you can, and what keyboard layout you have.

Thank you

1 Message

July 16th, 2009 12:00

Hi, I'am confirming this weird behaviour. Brand new Studio 1537. It seems three left columns eg. 258 ,369 +-*/ work properly, but 0147 is mjuý instead. I also think this was caused by flashing to new BIOS from A08 to A09. Also it works normaly when you press Fn, tap Shift and then type normaly.

I will try to revert to old bios to find out if it is caused by it.

Edit : So Iam confirming it was caused by A09 BIOS. Rollback to A08 fixed the problem. You can download older BIOS version in Drivers page of your specific model. You will need to select BIOS update and then select "Show other versions".

3 Posts

August 17th, 2009 02:00

Didn't get any notification about you writing here.

Thank you, I now downgraded too, and it works. :)

No Events found!