Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

26 Posts

January 20th, 2009 12:00

Studio 15 sound is DREADFUL

Received a new Studio 15 laptop yesterday. Lovely design, well built, excellent keyboard, sparkling LED screen.

The sound is unbelievably bad, it's not much better than just leaving headphone speakers beside the keyboard. . I tried listening to Radio 4 online but couldn't hear it. Turn the volume above 75% and it distorts badly, below 75% you can't hear it even sitting in fornt of the laptop.

Music - forget it, you will struggle to know what track is playing.

I tried Tech support who offered to replace the speakers but I know they are not faulty.

I am so dissapointed because I like eveything else about this laptop.

It's going back.

1 Message

March 31st, 2009 14:00

I did not see a major difference by uninstalling the Dell drivers and replacing with Windows. I have used HP for a long time and decided to buy DELL with a friend's advice (she has xps) unfortunately, I am very disappointed and upset having such a laptop with very poor speakers. It is ironic as well as oxymoron with the brand labelled as STUDIO with such poor speakers.

4 Posts

April 7th, 2009 08:00

Perfect!!! That was the only flaw with my 1535 (knock on wood) and now they sound great!!:emotion-1:

1 Message

June 3rd, 2009 22:00

There is an easy fix to enhancing your laptop speakers. You have to uninstall dell's audio driver, and make sure you tick the box that will prevent it from reinstalling itself, and then restart your computer. Then Vista should automatically install it's own audio drivers and the sound is 100 times better. 

This totally works!!!!!!! Thank you so much for the fix!  It doesn't make the sound great but it will do; it's enough that I'll keep it versus sending it back.  You wouldn't happen to know how to add some bass to the sound would you?  I can't find an adjustment other than the bass enhancer (which helps a little).

1 Message

June 7th, 2009 11:00

Awesome!  Thank you for your posts.  This totally solved the bad sound problem.    The sound is now much louder and has better quality.  People are too quick to condemn the speakers and the model studio 15 in general without taking these steps.

No Events found!