Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2013 17:00

Studio 1569 Battery

My computer is telling me I need a new battery, and on the battery it says to go to www.dell.com/notebookbatteries, and apparently dell doesn't sell any batteries for my computer. Battery type YY9RM. So how am I suppose to buy a new battery? This doesn't seem to make any sense. Shouldn't Dell sell batteries for their own computers? Without the battery my computer is useless, and if I have to buy a new one because of this issue, I can guarantee I won't be buying another dell because I can't be sure that I'll be able to replace parts later.

8 Posts

May 24th, 2015 19:00

Yes.  I've been following this thread for about 2 years now hoping that someday Dell will get enough complaints to actually stock the battery.

I should have taken Best Buy up on the 3 year $300 extended warranty (which is supposed to include a free replacement battery.)  I would have loved to get a new laptop out of them after 3 years because they couldn't get a battery for the Dell.

I loved this computer when it was new, but this battery thing and Windows 8... well I'm now very happy with my macbook pro.  I still use the Dell every now and then, but with limited battery life - it's pretty much useless except for small things.

If anyone does hear back from Dell regarding getting this battery stocked PLEASE post in here as I monitor this thread and would love to get one when (if) it becomes available.

1 Message

September 7th, 2015 10:00

Hi

I am also facing the same problem and searching for the battery of dell studio 1569 model (battery type yy9rm) this is the worst service provided the dell manufactured the product and failed to provide its part. I am looking for this battery for part 1 year but unable to find it.

I think i should we should stop using dell product as they are not providing proper supports/ parts of the product.

8 Posts

September 8th, 2015 13:00

I haven't bought another Dell since this one because of this very issue.  Was a good laptop, but not stocking a battery replacement is a huge FAIL.

This is not just an issue because this laptop is old... The battery has never been available since I started looking when the laptop was just 2 years old.

9 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 09:00

Here it is in February, 2016, and Dell says this battery is not available, so obviously they will never have it. So the Studio is the only machine using this battery? How convenient is that.... for Dell?  Wow.  This is my third Dell, but it is looking like it will be the last one.  This is ridiculous.

8 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 10:00

They won't have it in stock.  I've contacted several of these sites that say they have it in stock only to have them come back and apologize.  If your experience is different let me know.

Dell has NEVER had this battery in stock.  I've owned this laptop for almost 6 years (still a good laptop for small things).  I tried getting a battery for it when it was just 2 years old with no luck.

Of course Dell claims that this laptop is no longer supported - thus the non-availability of the battery, but what they won't say is that even when it wasn't end-of-life the battery wasn't available.  

I'm actually considering replacing the cells myself but I don't want to damage the only battery i have.  If anyone has one of these laptops that they are planning on recycling I'd be interested in getting it - just so I have a battery to attempt a cell replacement.

Anthony

9 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 10:00

So, I did find a site which says it has 2 versions IN STOCK.... we shall see. One is US$102  and the other is US$112, both + US$9 shipping. I ordered the $102 unit from this off shore vendor, being sure to check out with PayPal.  The site is: newbattery.us. Good Luck!

1 Message

February 14th, 2016 11:00

Subscribing to this thread.

I am also looking for a new battery. Mine got bloated and died three years ago...

8 Posts

February 14th, 2016 17:00

Did they have it in stock?

1 Message

March 5th, 2016 13:00

So , I've been using this laptop for years as my home/desktop. 3 years ago I stopped unplugging it because the battery wasn't good for more than 5 minutes. I have owned it since 2011, so I suppose it's been a god run. I recently upgraded the memory to 8GB and now want to replace the battery so the wife can use it

On vacations, etc.  Of course I would purchase a laptop with a *** battery that Dell would not use in any other computer. This is frustrating, to say the least. And the fact this message board has been open for 3 years...

1 Message

March 6th, 2016 05:00

Any luck? Even my laptop is dead without battery(dell studio 1569)

9 Posts

March 6th, 2016 16:00

No luck whatsoever. I placed the order for the battery, paying with Pay Pal.  Weeks went by with no delivery, and no response to my emails to the vendor trying to get status. Eventually I escalated to an inquiry through Pay Pal, and almost instantly my credit card was credited back with the cost of around $112.  This is total ***..... all the way around, beginning with Dell. WHY would Dell use this battery in ONLY this one model???

Hope someone strikes it lucky. PLEASE share if and when you do.

2 Posts

March 11th, 2016 12:00

I found a vendor on alibaba that claims to have the battery, but I am a bit nervous about the purchase as I have never used alibaba and it gives you some strange options like "pay x amount" and does not include shipping. If anyone is feeling brave go for it, I probably will and will let you all know the results. 

www.alibaba.com/.../laptop-battery-for-Dell-Studio-15z_1679370717.html

8 Posts

March 11th, 2016 21:00

They won't have it in stock even though there website says they do.  I tried a couple of Alibaba vendors that said they had it only to get an email a week later stating they were sorry, but don't actually have it.  I was refunded my money.  I've given up on trying to find this battery.  I don't believe it was ever available and was only manufactured for this one laptop.

In hindsight I should have taken up Best Buy on their 3 year warranty plan - which is supposed to include a free, one-time battery change.  They never would have been able to obtain the battery and I would have demanded a new laptop since they couldn't "fix" my dead battery.

I've been considering disassembling my battery and replacing the individual cells myself, but I'm afraid of damaging the electronics inside the battery enclosure.  Maybe I'll give it a shot if I can find an second, old dead battery for this laptop off eBay. 

9 Posts

March 12th, 2016 05:00

I would be willing to try a refurbished battery, if I could even find one of those, that is.  

It seems as though the (formerly) most reliable brands such as Dell and HP have steadily eroded in quality of product and service.  Short term, and short sighted, gains resulting in the demise of the brands.  

Dumb, dumb, dumb. 

9 Posts

March 12th, 2016 05:00

OK- I went to the Alibaba site and sent a message to the supplier asking them to confirm that they do, in fact, have the battery in stock, or at least quick access to it. Here is the message I sent.  I will post the results, if any:

Please confirm that you actually have this battery in stock, or can obtain it quickly. If so, I will place an order. However, the Dell Forum, as well as my experience, suggest that this battery is not actually available anywhere.  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19508947/20891148?rfsh=1457789123762

I sincerely hope that you do, in fact, have this item. As you can see from the forum, there is a ready market for this item. Please confirm and I will place my order immediately.

Thank you

No Events found!