Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 17th, 2012 23:00

Studio 16(45) XPS MB Replacement?

I have above mentioned laptop with a fired motherboard... at least that is what I assume.

I've been searching for a replacement motherboard and thought I found it. Part number Y507R. Before I go ahead and purchase it, I wanted to make sure this is the correct motherboard for my laptop. To my utter confusion, my motherboard is labeled Y509R. To make matters worse, when I Google that particular model, my search results come up with nothing.

Any ideas?

Laptop came with the Intel i7, 8GB RAM, WLED Display, ATI HD5370 (i think)

I kept this short because 10 minutes ago, I typed up this beautiful post that was absolutely perfect only to loose it when I had to log in. ugh. Anyways...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

The part number you found (Y507R) is correct for Studio XPS 1645. I checked our parts database here and thats the Motherboard (discrete) part #. Y509R and Y507R is the same, they just differ in manufacture date. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

3 Apprentice

• 

185 Posts

June 18th, 2012 01:00

Hi There

Thank you for contacting the community.

Can you please check your private message and reply please.

Kind Regards

Kevin

2 Posts

April 19th, 2013 14:00

Ref the y507r and y509r "being the same", I beg to differ: I recently ordered a y507r to replace my existing board (which is what the Dell website said), and found when I tried to swap it for my original that they do not match.  My original is a y509r with a pga989 socket for my i7 CPU, but the y507r has a pga489m socket (for Pentiums).

Thanks Dell, now I'm out shipping & restocking fees.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 19th, 2013 17:00

Check to make sure you weren't sent a Y506R, which is for a Studio XPS 1640 - that is the last system in the series that used the older Socket P (Core 2) design.

2 Posts

April 24th, 2013 09:00

Turns out they sent me a Y503R, so my previous statement was incorrect, my apologies.

So now that I'm back to looking for a proper replacement, I have a few questions regarding Y507R / Y509R boards for my XPS 1645 (service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> ):

-  Do they all have PGA989 CPU sockets?

- Do they all have integral ATI Radion 4670 1GB graphics?

My original system board gives me the beep code for the "graphics bios" error (with no video display though I can hear Windows loading), all my previous research has said I need to replace the system board, so now that I've gotten one incorrect system board I'm doing allI can to insure that I get the correct one.

v/r- CW

May 6th, 2013 14:00

Cwag,

What did you find out as I have the exact same problem except my display works with an external monitor but not at all with  the laptop display? I changed out the display already so it must be the graphics card.

Thanks,

Seth

November 23rd, 2015 06:00

HI, 

I have a problem with my dell studio xps 1645 vga card, can it be repaired or replaced please help me...

Even I have to purchase 9 cell  battery for that system do I can get them from Dell?

regards,

Rajesh

No Events found!