Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2013 01:00

System Password

Notebook: Dell Inspiron 3521

I enabled in BIOS the system password. After that I wanted to disable it but I couldn't find the way. I read somewhere that you need to remove the CMOS battery for password to reset, I did it with no success. Does anyone know how to disable it ? Everytime I open my Notebook I have to enter it and it's so annoying. 

Thanks in advance.

6 Posts

August 7th, 2013 02:00

Ok I found the solution. You choose to change the password in BIOS and under the new password field you just press enter so the password is empty.  Then system password is disabled. Thanks for your help.

1.3K Posts

August 7th, 2013 01:00

Hi Geocool,

The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is the program that controls the computer from startup to the time the BIOS loads the operating system.  Some BIOS programs allow you to create a password that is not accessible from the operating system.

This BIOS password (system setup password) must be entered during startup before the computer will even load the operating system. If you forget your password, you may not be able to operate your computer or change BIOS settings until you clear the forgotten password. 

If you know the password, continously tap F2 to enter the System Setup screen. In the System Setup Screen, click on the Security Tab. You will see the option for Password Change under Security.

Hope this helps resolve the issue for you. Let us know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

6 Posts

August 7th, 2013 02:00

The problem is that I don't want to change the password but remove it completely. I know that there is an option to change it in BIOS, but there isn't one for disabling it.

1.3K Posts

August 7th, 2013 03:00

Hi Geocool,

Thank you for your reply.

It is great to know that the issue is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further queries. We would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

No Events found!