Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2013 07:00

System Recovery Options

I have a XPS 17 Window 7 64bit computer.  I'm trying to perform a Dell Factory Image Restore but can log in as a local user.

I make it to the System Recovery Options window but can get pass that window.  One option the Dell manual indicates is that I can type administrator in the User name field but the User name field is only a drop down list containing ASPNET, HomeGroupUser$ and UpdatusUser.

I can't log into windows because my password for local account doesn't work.  I've also tried to use System Image Recovery and System restore without any luck.

Is there a way to perform Dell Factory Image Restore from the command prompt?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

Hi Muni family,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately you will be unable to restore the system to the factory installed as a local user. You need to have administrator rights and you need administrator password to log in as administrator.  There is no option to restore the factory image from the command prompt.

Next option would be install the  Operating system manually.

How do I install the Operating system manually?  Do I need to request an installation disk from Dell?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

March 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi Muni family,

Please find the link below for instruction to install the Operating system manually.

http://dell.to/Wj9o0m

Please send me a private message with the system service tag to check the system details. Click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

No Events found!