Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 25th, 2012 03:00

Touch Sensitive media Controls buttons Fail

Hi,

I am using Dell studio xps 1647 for 1.5 years.. this morning when i woke up i turn on my laptop.. i noticed that the touch sensitive media buttons above the keyboard was not working..I restarted several times but nothing helps...still it is not working...even the lights are gone... if anyone knows or has any ideas for a solution it would be great.. thanks!

4 Posts

May 25th, 2012 13:00

thank you so much......it works......thanks a lot....

4.4K Posts

May 25th, 2012 05:00

HI sminar,

Welcome to the Community,

Try to release flea power from the system.Disconnect charger,remove battery,press and hold down power button for 30 seconds.Reconnect the battery and charger,turn on system and check if the Media buttons starts to work.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank You

Roshan

4.4K Posts

May 26th, 2012 00:00

Glad its working,

Feel free to post back for any other help.

4 Posts

November 29th, 2012 20:00

I had the same issue.....the media, wireless and touch power controls on the top right of the keyboard went dark. I tried disconnecting charger, removed battery, pressed and held down power button for 30 seconds....it did not work. Do you have any other suggestions? I really need these buttons back as I use them all the time.

Thanks

Sharon

4.4K Posts

November 30th, 2012 00:00

Hi  Sharon,

Try the same step again (make sure no USB devices are connected) but this time hold the power button for little longer may be a minute.

If the issue persists uninstall and reinstall Dell QuickSet utility.To uninstall go to Control Panel,Programs and Features,select Dell QuickSet,select uninstall.

Reboot the system,download and reinstall it using from the link below :

www.dell.com/.../studio-xps-1647

Hope this helps,

Thank You

1 Message

October 24th, 2014 12:00

Hi - I am having the same issue.  tried the above but it didn't work.  any other ideas?  thanks!

No Events found!