Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2014 17:00

Touch-pad is not working

Hello!

I just purchased a new Dell inspiron 3542. it came with a preinstalled Ubuntu. touch pad was working fine. I deleted Ubuntu and installed Windows 8. Now touch pad is not working and Wifi adapter is also not working. I swear its only 7 hours when i purchased this laptop. and facing these issues.

Ialso tried the drivers from dell website. downloaded and installed. my win8 is 64 bits.

please help me how to resolve it. is this issue is under warrantay?

September 28th, 2015 16:00

Hello and good evening

On the programs and features it should have a TPad. Right click on it and it takes you to your Touch Pad settings.

However, the reply regarding all of those drivers on you snapshot is more than likely the culprit.

I see that you have 4 "Unknown Devices" which is not good. You have got to extract all of the drivers for your system to perform as it was in default.

Just food for thought

September 28th, 2015 16:00

Addendum to previous reply.

I just noticed that you are missing what looks like the "Network Controller" and "Bus Controller"

It is just a thought but there may be a conflict between Ubutu and Win8.

In the run box type: regedit which is the Registry Editor.

Under the H Key Current User click on it and it will drop down. Select Software and look for any remnants of Ubuntu. If so right click and click delete.

Then follow the steps with H Key Local Machine.

Be very careful as you can cause havoc on your system by deleting the wrong entry.

Moreover, this is the final step in removing a program even though you delete it in programs (Local C:) and also programs and features.

Dell recommends never to use the Registry Editor but it works for me; always has.

Mark

September 29th, 2015 08:00

Hello and good morning

My sincerest apologies as my original reply is incorrect.

Instead of going to programs and features go to My Computer or whatever the title is as they are different on some Operating Systems.

Click on it and there should be your C drive, D drive(possibly) and any external storage devices.

Click on the C drive and go to "programs."

On that list will be either Tpad or Touchpad and right click on it and a window pops up and you can make all of the adjustments there.

Postscript: The Registry Editor information is correct is seeking any "left overs" of Ubuntu.

Mark

No Events found!