Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2015 15:00

Touchpad multi fingers support not working properly

Touchpad not working properly in my new Dell laptop inspiron 15 3543. I have the latest driver provided by dell which is 18.1.16 The 2 point gestures not working. Sometimes it works but sometime doesn't. I think its driver issue because When 2 point gesture does not works the touchpad logo in taskbar also stops responding. It does not show any animation on touch the touchpad or moving curser.

184 Posts

June 20th, 2015 21:00

Hi Nandan,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, we appreciate you trying a few troubleshooting steps on your own. As per the post you have mentioned that the touchpad drivers are up to date, however we request you to download the latest touchpad drivers from our support website for your system, uninstall the drivers that are currently installed on the system and also uninstall any touchpad software that you find under programs and features and then restart the system and re-install the touchpad drivers that you would download. We also request you to check and update the BIOS on the system. Please read through the installation instructions carefully before you update the BIOS on the system and let us know of the outcome.

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2015 02:00

Found new driver update 18.1.34 on the given site. Now touchpad is working properly. :-D

184 Posts

June 22nd, 2015 08:00

Hi Nandan,

Thank you for the update, please feel free to reach out to us in case if you need any more help and we will be glad to assist you.

July 30th, 2015 09:00

Hello Mohan,

I am facing the same issue. I had called your tech support and after reinstalling the drivers (after deleting the old ones) and even resetting the system my touchpad was replaced. However the issue has not been resolved. The mouse pointer freezes for a couple of minutes quite frequently and the gestures stop working suddenly as I am surfing. I have noticed no pattern or cause that leads to this problem. Also tapping doesn't work in certain areas of the touchpad at times. Your service is good and the delay is on my part as I haven't been able to raise the issue again. However, the product I am finding is a bit disappointing. It becomes slow and hangs at times although it's quite new and I haven't burdened it's memory yet.

I hope that we can find a solution to this before it gets worse.

Regards,

Anvesh Parab.

1 Message

September 20th, 2015 09:00

I have upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and since then I have been facing problems related to my touchpad. the only gesture I can use is two finger scroll. I have tried everything, from downloading drivers from dell website and installing them to updating the drivers automatically from Device Manager. the driver I have right now, which allows me to scroll using two fingers is v19.0.15.2 (the latest version) and when I install any other driver such as v19.0.9.4, provided by Dell Product Service, makes my touchpad laggy. Is there a solution to my problem? Can i get all the gestures of Windows 10?

No Events found!