Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2014 07:00

Touchpad not working during/after charging in Dell Vostro 3446

I recently purchased a Dell Vostro 3446 last week. I have observed that while charging the laptop , the touch pad behaves erratically. It doesnt respond properly. After removing the adapter , still the issue persists for a while. 

Is there any solution for this ? 

3 Posts

May 29th, 2014 09:00

Hi Sandeep,

The link you gave redirects to http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&docid=612840

and This has the title about faulty touchpad but the contents have info on resolving issues related to monitor.

Please check and tell me 

Hi karyoghul,

Please click on the link below and follow the steps to resolve the erratic touchpad issue and please replay back with the results.

http://dell.to/1kkw0oT

3 Posts

Hi,

I am sorry I didnt see the entire page, will check it and get back to u

1 Message

May 31st, 2014 12:00

Hi ,

Its not an issue to worry...
I had a similar problem with one of my laptop..

Just try to plug in your wire in a different power plug...its the voltage issue that is tampering you...

I did that and my touchpad stopped misbehaving...

Hope I helped..

1 Message

June 15th, 2014 00:00

Hi,

I am also facing a similar issue with my DELL Latitude E6410. This laptop is 2 years old and this issue arose very recently. I am normally using my laptop by connecting to a doc and always plugged in. When plugged in through the doc and also when not plugged in everything works fine. But when it is plugged without the doc, the touch-pad behave erratically. When unplugged it works fine.

So please let me know if you could resolve your issue. I hope it'll help me as well.

1 Message

July 16th, 2016 14:00

I had the same problem with a Dell Latitude E4310., the touch pad was behaving erratically while charging the laptop. The power outlet that it was connected was not properly grounded and when changed to one with a proper ground, the touch pad worked just fine. I hope it helps you.

Regards

No Events found!